General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

What size socket to change spark plugs?

Old 08-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBP EX will become famous soon enoughEBP EX will become famous soon enough
What size socket to change spark plugs?

....in a 7th gen...I've yet to change them for the first time and don't have a spark plug that I can use to test out socket sizes. I would appreciate it if anyone could answer this. TIA
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What size socket to change spark plugs?

5/8.. it'd prolly be easier to buy a spark plug socket. not only does it unscrew the plug, but it grabs onto it and takes it out, too
Old 08-11-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

why dont u just get a bunch of sockets and stick them on to ur ratchet and drop them inside. whatever fits is the right one. i dont see why u would have to make a thread about this??
Old 08-11-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

5/8" is industry standard, but a 16mm would work too depending on what type of sockets you have.
Old 08-11-2007
Registered!!

EBP EX will become famous soon enoughEBP EX will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skipbarber
5/8" is industry standard, but a 16mm would work too depending on what type of sockets you have.
Thank you, I appreciate it.
Old 08-12-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
why dont u just get a bunch of sockets and stick them on to ur ratchet and drop them inside. whatever fits is the right one. i dont see why u would have to make a thread about this??
not everyone is blessed with having a bunch of tools laying around...maybe he has to grab some from his neighbor or get some from the hardware store? Either way I get sick of hearing "can I swap this engine" or "what do I need for a drop" threads over and over again. At least this was something that might not be so easily found on here.