General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

constant 12v source....

Old 08-15-2005
fuk tha man!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
constant 12v source....

what wire in the harness where our decks are, or anywhere else for that matter, provide a constant 12v current source from the battery even when the car is completely off???
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
there isnt any constant 12v source when the car is fully off.
Old 08-15-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
if yo uhave the honda civic electrical manual from honda there is an open space in the fuse box that is a constant 12v source. even when off. i want to say spot 13. but not sure i'll have to check when i get home.
Old 08-15-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um the battery is a constant 12v source. Just hook a wire to the positive terminal.
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
um the battery is a constant 12v source. Just hook a wire to the positive terminal.

ya but that will drain your batt lol.

i never knew about a open spot. that would make sense. damm i need my helm
Old 08-15-2005
fuk tha man!

it will only drain your battery if the current is being used...that's what Im gonna do though, run a wire straight from the battery, I was just trying to find an easier route
Old 08-15-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Wire #10 or the White and Red Wire from the deck provides a constant 12v source and is Fused to #9 (10A) under the hood! Hope this helps!!!

Straight from Factory Service Manual...

Last edited by KnocturnalEM2; 08-15-2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added Picture from FSM!
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
dont hook up neon lights to it.. when the battery jumps to 13,14 vs... the neon will break.. unless you got a transformer for the neon that keeps it at 12V constant
Old 08-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i thought every neon has a separate or built-in transformer.
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
ok, i believe you're trying to hook up your headunit and not lose the memory when the car turns off right?

to get constant power all the time, even if the car is off... run the wire to the fusebox under the steering wheel. look for the fuse thats for the headlights. run the wire to that fuse and you'll have constant power all the time. this way, you wont have to run it throught the firewall.

if you dont understand me then just say so and i'll try to expalin better.
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
ok, i believe you're trying to hook up your headunit and not lose the memory when the car turns off right?

to get constant power all the time, even if the car is off... run the wire to the fusebox under the steering wheel. look for the fuse thats for the headlights. run the wire to that fuse and you'll have constant power all the time. this way, you wont have to run it throught the firewall.

if you dont understand me then just say so and i'll try to expalin better.

There are empty spots on the fuse box that you can use. Use a test light to find them.
Old 08-20-2005
fuk tha man!

so you guys know, here's what Im doing....if ya'll have an xbox or such in your car you know unless you hook your inverter directly to your battery, you know its a bitch that everytime you just go to ACC with your car and then crack up again, the inverter restarts because power is cut out...well I figured out how to have it so that doesnt happen, but I need constant power to achieve this...

for anybody that may be wondering, here's how to do it...

tap into an ACC line and an IGN line, put a diode on each and then combine them to make one connection. Then place a fuse to be safe, then wire up a standard 12v bosch type relay...now when you crank up your car your xbox or anything else you have hooked up to this wont turn off during crank...I'll do up a good diagram just now, and post it...
Old 08-21-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i dont think id grab constant at the radio for that purpose, go to the fuse box or ignition harness instead.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
one of the constant 12v sources on the fuse box is the spot # 3. Trust me on that. I am using it
Old 08-21-2005
fuk tha man!

here's how to wire this whole thing...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	10974
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	58840