General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Oil Pan Cracked!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Oil Pan Cracked!!

Im pissed, but anyways, its a small crack but it is dripping.. Is there something i can use to bond the crack for a few days until i get the oil pan replaced.
Old 07-23-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
is it an ex or an lx?
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

its an EX... im pissed.. do you think it will be under warranty? its a certified warranty. anyways.. will JB weld work for a temporary fix?
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
jb should be a temp fix
Old 07-23-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
yea. JB weld will work. Just make sure it is EXTREMELY clean before you apply it.

You will want to drain all the oil out, clean it with brakleen, then apply the JB weld.

If you get to keep the pan after they replace it, lemme know. Im going to build a custom one, and i need the flange off the top of the EX pan.

PM me.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

ill give u the pan.. but do u think if i over tightened the drain bolt it would cause the oil pan to crack.. basically what im getting at is.. If its under warranty the dealer will probably say i over tightened it.. or ask who did the oil changes and give me all kinds of crap..
Old 07-23-2005
DONT PANIC

i really dont see that happening. But, i am sure it could.

I had one moron tighten my oil drain plug with an impact gun. When it came time to take it off, i was sooooo f'ing pissed.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
i used jb for a crack on my f-150 for over a year and never had a problem. your almost better off leaving on the original oil pan with jb and a crack than trying to get another one on aswell as the factory did and not having a leak.
Old 07-23-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
JB Weld = Good (requires 24hrs to set properly)

JB Quick = Sux
Old 07-23-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboengnr

I had one moron tighten my oil drain plug with an impact gun. When it came time to take it off, i was sooooo f'ing pissed.

Who in their right mind uses a impact to tighten bolts on cars.......especially a oil drain plug
Old 07-23-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
depending on where its cracked at , ive seen the aluminum pans welded before if you wanted to fix it, but then again you could just about buy a brand new one for what it could cost to pay to have it Tig welded
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
How did u crack your oilpan ? ive been scraping alot over speedbumps , driveways , and Lumps on the road . just wondering
Old 07-23-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
just checked... a new EX oil pan from hondaautomotiveparts.com is 66 bucks.
Old 07-23-2005

Originally Posted by turboengnr
i really dont see that happening. But, i am sure it could.

HAHAH! That had to suck!
Old 07-23-2005
DONT PANIC

yea, i was pissed off. Took me a 3/4" drive ratched and a 2' breaker bar to get it loose.
Old 07-23-2005

lol! Thats ****'n great... If it were me I would have ended up dropping the oil pan... lol. Cuz I'm crazy/stupid like that...
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

Bigfella is an unknown quantity at this point
One word of caution with swapping the pan. Measure the depth of the pan with the old one and make sure its identical in every way. A neighbour swapped his pan on a 94 civic coupe due to rust, got another one from a scrap yard fitted it, thought fine, started it up, no oil pressure, drove it to garage just down road to have it checked out. The pan he was given was a few millimeters shorter than the one he took off, hence touched bottom of oil pump = one wrecked engine. Be careful.
Old 07-25-2005

Originally Posted by Bigfella
One word of caution with swapping the pan. Measure the depth of the pan with the old one and make sure its identical in every way. A neighbour swapped his pan on a 94 civic coupe due to rust, got another one from a scrap yard fitted it, thought fine, started it up, no oil pressure, drove it to garage just down road to have it checked out. The pan he was given was a few millimeters shorter than the one he took off, hence touched bottom of oil pump = one wrecked engine. Be careful.
if you are buying bran new OEM this shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-25-2005
Premium Member

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Since the crack is next to bolt, or in the tread you are better off buying a new pan. I know cause that happened to me in my previous car.
Old 07-25-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
warranty should cover it.