General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Car Jack Points

Old 02-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoBruin02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Jack Points

I looked up a thread that said that I could jack up the front of the car on the tow hooks. I looked underneath and found two large steel ones, one towards each tire. I used this as a jack point. It seeme to work out ok. I'm just wondering if I jacked up the car on the wrong spot and if I did, then did I screw anything up?
Old 02-06-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just wondering if I jacked up the car on the wrong spot and if I did, then did I screw anything up?
If you did jack in the wrong spot, YES its a possibility that something could have gotten messed up. Easiest way to tell is crawl under and take a look see !
Old 02-06-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
On the front splash guard, there's a molded in arrow. It points straight at an extruded flat on the frame rail.... thats the front jack point.
The 4 points for lifting up the car 1 corner at a time are in the manual, and are just behind the front tire wells and just in front of the rears. They say you can jack up the whole *** end by the tow hook but I don't have a jack that goes that high... I've never had a problem lifting it by the suspension mount where the lower arms connect to the body.
Old 02-06-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
guys tell me if i'm right; it's this thing right??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jackpoint.jpg
Views:	3728
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	20218  
Old 02-06-2004
Registered!!

GoBruin02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, but if you're putting your car on jack stands, you can't jack up the car in the location shown on the pic, since that's where the jack stands would go. There are other places to do it and I just want to check if where I did it was the safe one.