Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Windshield washer pump location

Old 03-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott in FL is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield washer pump location

Can anyone tell me how to find the washer fluid pump on a 2000 Civic EX 4-door? The local Honda dealer just changed its timing belt, and I suspect they forgot to hook up the washer pump. The fuse is OK. I think I can see where the tubing comes out of the fluid reservoir, but I can't see or feel the pump, or where the wires connect. The dealer is 40 minutes away, so I'd rather reconnect it myself and save a couple of hours. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

Silver02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Windshield washer pump location

Originally Posted by Scott in FL
Can anyone tell me how to find the washer fluid pump on a 2000 Civic EX 4-door? The local Honda dealer just changed its timing belt, and I suspect they forgot to hook up the washer pump. The fuse is OK. I think I can see where the tubing comes out of the fluid reservoir, but I can't see or feel the pump, or where the wires connect. The dealer is 40 minutes away, so I'd rather reconnect it myself and save a couple of hours. Any help would be appreciated!
The pump for your car looks just like the one on my wife's Mirage that i've replaced a couple of times which tells me it's on the bottom of the washer tank (front lower side).

Part:
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50032+2032006

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpojKZAaVrA
Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

Scott in FL is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. I found it. Amazingly, I found a free 1996-2000 Civic shop manual online which showed me how to get at it. I had to remove the front bumper (not that bad: 4 screws and some clips) and then it was easy. Bought a new pump at Advanced for $15. A lot better than the $50 plus labor my local Honda dealer wanted!
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

kurtdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point

hi scott,,do you still have the link for the free 1996-2000 Civic shop manual???

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 08-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Welcome Scott. A service manual is your best friend.

Last edited by lazlong; 07-24-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

kurtdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. I found it. Amazingly, I found a free 1996-2000 Civic shop manual online which showed me how to get at it. I had to remove the front bumper (not that bad: 4 screws and some clips) and then it was easy. Bought a new washer pump at Advanced for $15. A lot better than the $50 plus labor my local Honda dealer wanted!
Originally Posted by lazlong
Welcome Scott. A service manual is your best friend.
right lazlong!!btw,,do we have a thread on this forum which provide a manual for this..?

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 08-17-2010 at 01:09 AM.