Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Heater not working

Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicRen is an unknown quantity at this point
Heater not working

Hey there. I have a 2003 Honda Civic LX, and there is no hot air coming out when dials are turned to full heat and the fan is turend to max. The same thing happens when I turn on the AC. All lights AC and heating lights still come on. Any suggestions? Thanks alot, much appreciated.
Old 10-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heater not working

how is your coolant level? you may have some air bubbles, or the heater core might be clogged. does the car overheat?
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

does the heat work when your driving and then stop when the car is stopped ???
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

I haven't checked the coolant level yet. The fuses are fine, I feel a little bit of heat coming out of the vents but there isn't any circulation going on. Could the fan motor be busted? My car hasn't overheated yet..
Old 10-29-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

do you have air coming out (warm or cold) when the fan is on max?
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

When the fan is on max, I have absolutely no cold or warm air coming out of the vents. When I turn on the accessory power, I can hear (what i believe to be) the fan motor turning on then it stops. I do hear clicking sounds coming from the vents when I turn the temperature **** from cold to hot.
Old 10-29-2009
Premium Member

then its either a bad blower motor or the blower motor resistor. its the big fan thing under the glove box.
Old 10-29-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

01-05 Civics use a "transistor" instead of a blower resistor.

If the fan is running you should be able to hear it.
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

That makes alot of sense. Thanks for suggestions!
Old 10-18-2011
Registered!!

SSDiamond05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say check the cabin air filters, they plug up and then no air can get through, they are behind the glove box.