Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Best dash/glass cleaner

Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guitarsnroses is an unknown quantity at this point
Best dash/glass cleaner

What would you recommend as the best dashboard cleaner and the best glass cleaner? No matter what I do, my glass always gets streaks when I use house products like windex.
Old 10-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best dash/glass cleaner

best interior cleaner (plastics, dash, door panels, etc) is the new turtle wax ice total interior care. its the only cleaner that actually removes dirt and leaves the plastic looking like new (original factory finish, NOT shiny and greasy). best auto glass cleaner, hands down is invisible glass, either in spray bottle or can. and use microfiber cloths. shouldnt get any streaking. even 100% cotton will work, you just have to wipe it before it dries. if you are still getting streaks, you may want to use a squeegee to quickly dry the glass after wiping.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

robortwillys is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
I've been cleaning cars for 25 years now, and actually own my own business. I've used all of the glass cleaners out there, and only three meet my standards. 1) Vista Cleer, Chase Products 2) Sprayway and 3) Invisible Glass, Stoner. Vista Cleer is the best glass cleaner in the world. It is sometimes hard to find because Chase seems to be very selective with there distribution channels, but I always can find it when I need it. Take it from an ol glass trade vet, Vista Cleer is the best glass cleaner in the world.
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah sprayway is good too. havent used the other one tho where do you get it?
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Slingshot is an unknown quantity at this point

To add to the glass cleaning section what about the fog that appears inside when you don't have the AC on?

What product would you use to prevent the fog buildup inside? Or is it something mechanical like a filter that needs replacing?
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well eagle one 20/20 works for me its also window tint safe.
Old 10-27-2009
Premium Member

rain-x sells anti fog solution or wipes for the inside. ive tried them and it works great, but then fog forms on the opposite side of the glass (outside), which isnt bad i guess since you can use the wipers.
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

rubbing alcohol on the inside of the windshield keeps it from fogging up if you don't have a/c the higher the % the better I have an old bottle of 92% works great till you have sex in the car and then you have to wipe it down again with more rubbing alcohol. and stoners spray on invisible glass or spray-away glass cleaner work great that is also what I use in my frame shop as a professional framer
Old 10-27-2009
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bomerman19
rubbing alcohol on the inside of the windshield keeps it from fogging up if you don't have a/c the higher the % the better I have an old bottle of 92% works great till you have sex in the car and then you have to wipe it down again with more rubbing alcohol. and stoners spray on invisible glass or spray-away glass cleaner work great that is also what I use in my frame shop as a professional framer
HAHA!!

I can say that Ivisible Glass by Stoner is great! I'm going to have to try out the new Turtle Wax Ice total interior care for the dash and plastic pieces, after reading Gearbox's review thread.

I know it's off-topic, but I recently bought the Turtle Wax ICE tire shine and it is great! Leaves no mess and it smells like watermelon, just like gearbox said lol
Old 10-27-2009
Premium Member

yeah ice tire shine is pretty good, i got some 'no touch' extreme wet spray cause i wanted a bit shinier, but you gotta wait several days for it to fully dry otherwise it will get all over the car.