Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer and Transmission Additive

Old 04-17-2006
Falken Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Lucas Oil Stabilizer and Transmission Additive

Good stuff, added a couple 'blops' to my crank case and trans... didnt notice anything really when added to my oil, supposed to stop if not reduce dry starts. I do feel it when shifting though, smoother... again i havent changed the trans oil cuz i have 14650 miles on my civic, but it feels much much smoother than it did before, added it to my 94 GSR and def feels better as well and a slight notice in acceleration, just smoother (165,750miles).
__________________________________________________ _________

Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer
A pure petroleum multi-use oil supplement. Controls noise, heat and wear in manual transmissions and differentials. Number one in the heavy duty and high performance industries.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer is a 100% petroleum product formulated to eliminate dry starts and reduce friction, heat and wear in any type of engine. It allows motor oils a higher degree of lubricity which reduces oil consumption and operating temperatures. Use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in gear oil to stop leaks, reduce operating temperatures and increase the life of the gear oil. Since it is pure petroleum, it can safely blend with all other automotive lubricants, even synthetics, ATF and mineral oil. It keeps old engines alive and new engines new.

Key Benefits
Increase oil life at least 50% longer
Reduces oil consumption
Eliminates dry starts
Raises oil pressure
Increases power and miles per gallon
Old 04-17-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i dont like lucas
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not usually a fan of this site but since you mentioned Lucas....
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

All oil additives are bogus. If there was some magic bullet it would already be in Mobil 1 or all the other big name oils. Just stick with a well formulated oil.
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
i dont like lucas
I would like to hear gearbox on this one, can you explain?
Old 04-17-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
goto bobistheoilguy.com they explain better than i can. I'll stick to lubecontrol products. store stuff is all junk.
Old 04-17-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
yup check out Bob's site...hell they may only have the rear end gear test pics but you can see why lucas is the gay...it causes foaming....bad foaming....foaming is not good for mechanical parts....
Old 04-18-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
wow... great link. Definatly a good read
Old 04-18-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
hummm... lets think about this for second. One of the largest (if the largest) markets in the US is fossil fuels. How do you make them better is naturally a HUGE market, so companies like Lubrizol, Engelhard and such exist strictly for the purpose of making these additives and making catalyst to help in reforming oil and such. These companies literally sink billions of dollars in to developing the additives. For those keeping a good count here, Lucas oil is only worth a few million. So that means these companies can afford to develop a FAR better product straight out of the box than Lucas could ever hope to. If Lucas stuff worked (as someone else already mentioned) it would already be in the oils you buy and Lucas would be far larger than they are. They got a name back in the 50-60's because at that time oil additive didn't exist and Lucas oil treatments did make the oil better, but today the oil companies make sure that is taken care of for you.

BTW, there is much better oil than Mobil 1, like say Red Line, Amsoil just to name a couple.
Old 04-19-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
bob's site is a good site, but he fails to mention this added to your oil.. just to your transmission, and i know there are 10x better trans oils out there, such as B&M, redline, etc... im just saying adding to your civic, especially w. our 5w-20 oil
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

i would use lc20 over lucas anyday
Old 04-19-2006

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cwo715
bob's site is a good site, but he fails to mention this added to your oil.. just to your transmission, and i know there are 10x better trans oils out there, such as B&M, redline, etc... im just saying adding to your civic, especially w. our 5w-20 oil

If that is the link I'm thinking it is, he describes the "climbing effect" and and oxidation. Basically saying that Lucas tossed a carefully formulated formula out of wack and screwed up everything, doesn't matter if it is in engine oil or tranny oil.

Like I said, the company that made the stuff knows best, why screw what they spent millions to devlope?
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

[QUOTE

Like I said, the company that made the stuff knows best, why screw what they spent millions to devlope?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There are too many bogus oil/transmission additives out there that just mess things up. That goes for lubecontrol as well. I don't care how many people on this forum swear by that stuff. Its snake oil.
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

you got any proof, or is that just an opinion.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

you got any proof, or is that just an opinion.
Likewise. Do you have any proof that it is providing any benefit without producing some unseen problem at the same time? Look at Lucas, alot of people say they feel the difference,but look what it is actually doing inside your transmission/engine. How do you know lubecontrol isn't doing the same thing?

And yes, that is just my opinion. I have no proof, but if lubecontrol is so good, why isn't it marketed and sold to the masses so that they could make millions or billions of dollars?
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

i have gained a consistant 5mpg highway and 4mpg city for the last year I've been using it, and thats the only thing I've changed, no other mods, and I even use the same dino oil. No problems at all. In fact the growling sound my engine used to make is completely gone. LCD has been around for over 40 years under different names, and used by many truck companies and farming equipment across the usa. And no I can't say it doesn't cause problems because I haven't tested that. But like I said nothing happened for the year I've been using both products consistantly.
Old 04-19-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Anybody see this page?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/sponsors.htm
Hmm...Sponsored by Schaeffers and Lube Control

I think for now I'll just stick to straight Mobil 1

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 04-19-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2006
Falken Master

i like marvel mystery oil too
Old 04-19-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Anybody see this page?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/sponsors.htm
Hmm...Sponsored by Schaeffers and Lube Control

I think for now I'll just stick to straight Mobil 1
god not this again....

I'll say this just one more time...

if youare in business and sell a good product would you not want someone to back you and give you support, through money and promotions?
Old 04-20-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shroomster
god not this again....

I'll say this just one more time...

if youare in business and sell a good product would you not want someone to back you and give you support, through money and promotions?
I'm not talking about him being a business. I'm talking about him and his objectiveness. Of course he's not going to write an article casting his sponsor's products in a less then flattering light.
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

isnt that what we do here? i got a lifetime vendor banned because of their stupidness. i'm ready to do it again too
Old 04-20-2006

I haven't badmouthed any products in this thread. I just don't know if his analysis can be trusted. I don't make a judgement until I get information from more then one source.
Old 04-20-2006

Originally Posted by JP375
Likewise. Do you have any proof that it is providing any benefit without producing some unseen problem at the same time? Look at Lucas, alot of people say they feel the difference,but look what it is actually doing inside your transmission/engine. How do you know lubecontrol isn't doing the same thing?

And yes, that is just my opinion. I have no proof, but if lubecontrol is so good, why isn't it marketed and sold to the masses so that they could make millions or billions of dollars?

Well, as for the business side of it, I can tell you they are probably already making a decent penny. And the thing about selling to public in say a store like Autozone or something, you need big advertising, marketing campions and all that stuff (read your company has to go public), and once that happens you won't make much more than when you own the company but you have a lot more people to answer to and a bit more to do. Sometime it is easier and more profitable for a company to stay "small" than to go public and take on the big guys. Besides, these guys have contracts with fleets, it's not like they are not selling lots of this stuff.
Old 04-20-2006

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light

Very good point.

I'd love to see a test done like this with the Lube Control stuff.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
I'm not talking about him being a business. I'm talking about him and his objectiveness. Of course he's not going to write an article casting his sponsor's products in a less then flattering light.

I agree. There is a conflict of interest here. From the site:
"Unlike most private motor oil web sites, B***********y is not about selling you something. It's about educating you so you can make informed decisions about the life blood of your engine: motor oil."
Because this is a relatively small operation, I think it would be tough to review a product that say, provides 10% of your revenue without being biased. However, this is pretty much how most of the world works. Car and Driver makes money off car ads, and they review all types of cars. So I wouldn't say there is anything odd about the sponsor relationship they have, but its unfortunate the world has to work like this.

Originally Posted by R1Style
Very good point.

I'd love to see a test done like this with the Lube Control stuff.
Not necessarily this exact test, but just some sort of testing. Unfortunately it is too costly and time consuming for everyone to start with two new engines, run one with product A and one as a control, and then subject them to the exact same conditions and closely examine the results. So I don't think we'll ever have an answer to this. Which is ok, because if this was done with every product out there, there wouldn't be many that actually worked. I'd rather not know how much money I've wasted in the past...

isnt that what we do here? i got a lifetime vendor banned because of their stupidness. i'm ready to do it again too
Did I miss something? What are you talking about?

Last edited by JP375; 04-20-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

i mean, if a vendor does something wrong, we dont just sit and take it because they paid money. we take away their license.
Old 04-20-2006

I agree. There is a conflict of interest here. From the site:
"Unlike most private motor oil web sites, B***********y is not about selling you something. It's about educating you so you can make informed decisions about the life blood of your engine: motor oil."
Because this is a relatively small operation, I think it would be tough to review a product that say, provides 10% of your revenue without being biased. However, this is pretty much how most of the world works. Car and Driver makes money off car ads, and they review all types of cars. So I wouldn't say there is anything odd about the sponsor relationship they have, but its unfortunate the world has to work like this.

Not necessarily this exact test, but just some sort of testing. Unfortunately it is too costly and time consuming for everyone to start with two new engines, run one with product A and one as a control, and then subject them to the exact same conditions and closely examine the results. So I don't think we'll ever have an answer to this. Which is ok, because if this was done with every product out there, there wouldn't be many that actually worked. I'd rather not know how much money I've wasted in the past...

Did I miss something? What are you talking about?
You have a point, but I do not personally profit from any sponser from here. If someone makes a bad product, I don't really care who they are, I will say it. The thing about LubeControl is that nobody really tests their stuff, I don't know much about because I don't have the time to analyze it. The fact is I have not seen anything good or bad about their oil treatment, so I can not say either way.

I can say the FP60 (fuel additive) does seems to help my MPG and makes my trucks engine quiter. I have not seen much negative about it and seen a little postive, so I do speek good about FP60.

Finally, there is a less costly way to test this stuff, and I'm going to do it. I always say dino oil last for about 4,000 miles. I use Motorcraft 5w20 in my F150 with 18,000 miles on it. The next oil change I am going to send it off for analysis, and with the new oil I'm going to use some LC20 as reccomended by LubeControl, and agian after 4,000 miles I will send off a sample. We can easily see how much the TBN and metal ware does or does not drop to see it's overall effectiveness. No it is not the best test, but I don't think anyone else is willing to try this.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
i gained mpg using lucas fuel additive also.
Old 04-21-2006
Falken Master

OK so when i wrote this thread, i had lucas in my trans. I emptied my trans out and let it sit for about an hour, then i used Redline MTL Synthetic Trans Fluid... lemme tell you wow haha. Anyways I used Lucas in the Crank Case, MMO in my gas tank and the Red Line MTL in my gear box...

... then someone hit my car.. as a way of god saying... dont use additives
Old 04-22-2006

Originally Posted by cwo715
OK so when i wrote this thread, i had lucas in my trans. I emptied my trans out and let it sit for about an hour, then i used Redline MTL Synthetic Trans Fluid... lemme tell you wow haha. Anyways I used Lucas in the Crank Case, MMO in my gas tank and the Red Line MTL in my gear box...

... then someone hit my car.. as a way of god saying... dont use additives

lol... sorry to hear that, but your statement is ironic.
Old 04-22-2006

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Finally, there is a less costly way to test this stuff, and I'm going to do it. I always say dino oil last for about 4,000 miles. I use Motorcraft 5w20 in my F150 with 18,000 miles on it. The next oil change I am going to send it off for analysis, and with the new oil I'm going to use some LC20 as reccomended by LubeControl, and agian after 4,000 miles I will send off a sample. We can easily see how much the TBN and metal ware does or does not drop to see it's overall effectiveness. No it is not the best test, but I don't think anyone else is willing to try this.
Start a new thread when you do this with your results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lucas Oil Stabilizer and Transmission Additive