M3 Mirrors with LEDs Install.

Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
M3 Mirrors with LEDs Install.

M3 Mirror w/ LED Wiring instructions:

I chose to go with alternate signal wiring. This means that when parking lights are on, the mirror signal will also be constantly on. When signal is used, the mirror will flash alternately with front signal.

Now first you will need:
18 Gauge Wire
Electrical tape
10mm socket.
0.8mm socket.(5/16”)
Phillips head screwdriver
M3 Mirrors

How I did this:

Since I have projectors, this may be a little too enxtensive for you. But I found it easier to access my wires this way.

1. Put the window down. Pull the piece on the inside around where the mirror is up as hard as you can it should pop off.
2. Using the 0.8mm socket remove the nuts around the mirror.
3. Then , pull off the rubber piece on the miror. Get some wd-40 and a vise grip. Spray the wd-40 all over the nuts. Then after a fdew moments grip the nut & start to loosen.
4. Attach the mirror to the car. In mine I only used two out of the three bolts since the other one didn’t fit properly.

5. Remove the front bumper cover. Here’s how you do that: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155290
6. Follow the DIY to remove your headlights.
7. Unplug the bulbs from the electrical connectors. Cut the wrap around the turns signal bulb’s wires. (That’s the bulb marked 7443.)
8. Locate the red and green wires & strip/cut them.

9. Put the white wire to the green wire if you want the mirrors to light up blue when on with the headlights & to flash blue/amber when you are turning. (only amber will appear when turning without lights on.) Put the blue wire to the red wire. Ground to ground. If need be use some wire to lengthen each.

10. Double check before you put electrical tape around the connections to make sure the right lights light up.

I had a video of the blinking leds but idk where to upload it to so I can use it on here. Hope this helps people in the future. Reply to this post or PM me if you have any questions.

Final Result:

And at night...

Last edited by eddieisaricer; 08-29-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
looks awsome, show us some nighttime pics
Old 02-22-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Wow nice, I was gonna get some, but the car is gone now. How long did it take you?
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
about an hour. the tough part was getting the damn wires fed through the fender to the engine bay.
Old 02-22-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Gotta be longer for us inexperienced fools
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

HappyGilmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that M3 power mirror or manual?

Good job btw.
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by QBoi
Gotta be longer for us inexperienced fools

i never did wiring like that before.

Originally Posted by HappyGilmore
Is that M3 power mirror or manual?

Good job btw.
manual.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

04vic is an unknown quantity at this point
what size wire?
Old 02-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
nice never the less
Old 02-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
ebay?
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by 04vic
what size wire?
18 gauge
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by zachgeyer
ebay?
yes inexpensive too.
Old 02-22-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
i guess my nighttime pics didnt get a response.lol
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

for ati9700pro

Last edited by eddieisaricer; 04-19-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
didn't I hear someone say m3 mirrors suck and u cant see anything? u should take some daytime pics from the outside (like a normal pic of the whole car) do they flow well with the car?
Old 02-22-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by shmik1
didn't I hear someone say m3 mirrors suck and u cant see anything? u should take some daytime pics from the outside (like a normal pic of the whole car) do they flow well with the car?
the passengerside mirror does. but the driverside you have to kind of move forwad jsut a bit to see the angle you should see. i never use the side mirrors for their purposes anyway i just look over my shoulder. but yes there is a slight discrepency on the driverside mirror only.

Last edited by eddieisaricer; 02-25-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
eddie, nice diy man, i am truly impressed. Where these on durring the meet? cus i dont remember you showing them to me.
Old 02-23-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by Black03civic
eddie, nice diy man, i am truly impressed. Where these on durring the meet? cus i dont remember you showing them to me.

n man. they arrived at my house as i was leaving to go to occ for the meet.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

fuzionms is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody have a wiring diagram to wire up the Power m3 mirrors???
Old 03-22-2005
i love my morreale

Search.
Old 03-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow nice pics. So it also flashes amber too?
Old 03-22-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by gearbox
wow nice pics. So it also flashes amber too?
Yeah, when the lights are on they flash blue to amber alternatively. & without the lights on they flash plain amber. Although I have the blue wires disconnected so they don't light up. Therefore, I can pass NJ inspection.
Old 03-22-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
really nice. good DIY
Old 03-24-2005
i love my morreale

UPDATE: If you want blue to blink instead put the blue wire to the green wire.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

MojoMyCivic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Does anyone know the connection for the powered mirrors? I bought those same lights with white and blue blinkers, but I don't know how to set up so that they'll be powered. It only comes with three wires for the power, but when I opened up the OEM ones, there's a plug. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 09-04-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
here is a good question... can i hook it up to be on all the time, like a running light. and then blink with the turn signal. this would work when i have my lights on if i tap the 1 wire for the 7443 bulb but when the lights are off then it wont light up at all. that would suck. any ideas? other than a relay on each side for each mirror?
Old 09-04-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
there are two wires coming from the mirror led, power and ground. Hook one up to parking light power, and the other to signal power. One will act as a false ground. So what you get is always on with parking lights, only flashing when signal is on, or alternate flashing when signal is used AND parking lights are on.
Old 09-04-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by diskreet
here is a good question... can i hook it up to be on all the time, like a running light. and then blink with the turn signal. this would work when i have my lights on if i tap the 1 wire for the 7443 bulb but when the lights are off then it wont light up at all. that would suck. any ideas? other than a relay on each side for each mirror?
the way i did it showes you how to exactly do that.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

Rep daVinci will become famous soon enoughRep daVinci will become famous soon enough
do you have to have power mirrors in order to install these b/c I was thinking of getting them don't have PM.
Old 09-07-2005
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point
isn't it illegal to have blue lights?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M3 Mirrors with LEDs Install.