Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

salvage title puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eaob777 is an unknown quantity at this point
salvage title puzzle

hey guys I have a question regarding salvage titles

is it possible for a car to get a salvage title because it had a lien from a loan, the person defaulted on the loan, and the bank had to liquidate the asset somehow?

I bought a 2010 civic ex some time ago, no mechanical or esthetical issues at all, very few miles on it..I absolutely love it...but it got a salvage title from Texas. it also has a loan/lien brand according to autocheck, but autocheck also says it had 0 accidents reported.

the case seems really unusual to me..but I don't know enough about the system. your help is much appreciated.
Old 08-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: salvage title puzzle

Only accident or theft for a Texas title to be salvage. Try contacting TxDoT by phone and see what they say.
Old 08-25-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Laz?!? you back? glad to hear from you!
Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Hi. Kinda refreshing to be back. Been occasionally lurking but, haven't posted.

I'll be around more now- check out my new beater: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-today-68.html