Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Headlight Out - Moving Violation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Headlight Out - Moving Violation?

So my passenger's headlight bubl went out on a Friday and I ordered new bulbs right away. Since it was the weekend, they didn't come in until Monday so I decided to avoid driving at night for the weekend.

So Saturday rolls by and my little sister asks me to come pick her up. It was at around 8PM but I didn't want her to walk home alone so I went. The driver's side headlight was still working fine and I was pulled over on the way back home. It was on the main avenue and in a very well light area. The officer gave me a citation for $35 for the headlight being out.

I appealed it but they scheduled my hearing right in the middle of the week. Normally I would go but I'm currently taking courses an hour away from where the court is. My time and gas is worth more than that trip. I kind of want to just pay it and get it over with but I was just wondering if this was considered a moving violation. This happened in Massachusetts and I really don't want my insurance to go up because of this. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 06-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight Out - Moving Violation?

its an equipment violation, so no points on record. cop was a dick tho, shoulve just given you a warning, esp if you had bulbs on order already.
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

when that kinda thing happens to me i pring out the recept and keep it in the car till they come in and i replace them. that way if the is a dick i can show them that it's on order
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road

Ya, I should of but didn't really think I'd be that unlucky. Oh well, thanks!
Old 07-14-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

i bet u if u would win

because thing happens....ur reasoning could be...."O, my light went out 5 mins ago before i got pulled over"

the cop was being a dick, never heard of getting a ticket for a light-out