Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

front license plate! CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
front license plate! CA

why do luxury cars dont have to have their front license plates on? I see so many bmw, lexus, mercedes, etc etc without front plates and they dont get hassled at all, but my friend got a ticket for not having one while he was parked!! could a cop pull me over if i didnt have a front plate? what do you think about sticking it on the front passenger side.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough
Re: front license plate! CA

i beleive its legal if its on your front bumper but im not sure....
Old 12-20-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Front license plate laws over here in TX state that all cars must have 2 plates one in front and rear bumper. Its illegal to have it on your windshield. For example a corvette doesn't come with a plate holder on the front bumper but can be purchased at the dealer thats why they sell em for. It east to get the ticket dismissed tho you just present them with a pic of your car with the plate on its automatically dismissed. Hope that helped
Old 12-21-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I got pulled over for not having it on my buddies acura tsx at night time... wasnt speeding or anything- we had taken it off to shoot some dyno videos a few days before.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

shortys1519 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can get it dropped no problem but the window thing will probably just get you pulled over again