Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Ticket for excessive acceleration and on the ticket a warning for 50 in a 35mph

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaguy2582 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ticket for excessive acceleration and on the ticket a warning for 50 in a 35mph

This occured in macomb county michigan.
\
Hey guys, this is my first ticket that I have received due to me trying to save my bumper from another car. A guy in a chrysler sebring was on my tail on a main road and the speed limit was 35. I was doing about 38-40 and sped up to 45 when I seen a cop car on the side just ahead and downshifted(bad idea). Needless to say he pulled me over and the guy behind me.

I was given a ticket for "excessive acceleration" which he put for a civil infraction. He also put on a warning for 50 in a 35mph and listed his radar gun 50/50/50. The cop tells me that the ticket does not go on my driving record(claims zero points) and does not go to my insurance. I'm weary of this and unsure of what to do in this situation.

The ticket ranges anywhere from 90-100 bucks. Thats a really expensive chunk of change that I would like to get out of or at least cut in half. I am hoping that I can give a reasonable explanation considering my record is clean and being that im 24, I might be able to catch a break hopefully.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
Re: Ticket for excessive acceleration and on the ticket a warning for 50 in a 35mph

what em2 do you drive? i live around you. kinda.
Old 03-05-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Ticket for excessive acceleration and on the ticket a warning for 50 in a 35mph

dude i got a ticket doing 50 in 35 mph zone *according to cop* on mountain road to a skiing resort.

but imma fight it w/ written report!!! so i hope that ****er is lazy and wont bother about writing to defense his side
Old 03-05-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Wait just to clarify.

You got a warning for speeding?

You got a ticket/fine for excessive acceleration?

If that's the case the speeding wont go on your record, but anytime you plead guilty and pay a fine, that does.

If you enter a not guilty plea you will be issued a court date. The county prosecutor will summon the officer who pulled you over, the officer will get paid overtime to show up in court. Which means you can pretty much bet the officer will show up.

You will be found guilty and have to pay the fine, plus court costs, plus witness fees.

Pay the fine, or try to find a diversion class.

You're going to end up paying more in court.
Old 03-09-2008
People point and laugh when I drive by. Plus I like men.

CASPER087 is an unknown quantity at this point

if its your first ticket go to court. you always fight your first one and its nothing serious youd probably get a reduced fine but youll still have court fees. i fought my first speeding ticket going 77 in a 55 and my ticket was 145 and 2 points. i went to court fought it and they dropped it to 100 and no points but if theres no points then theres no real seriousness to it.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

shortys1519 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would just go and plead guilty and they will reduce the fine and you will be good.
that is what i did when i got my ticket for doing 48 in a 35 and it went from 145 ddown to 108