Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

How to fight traffic tickets and win!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to fight traffic tickets and win!

pretty much, if a cop sees the detector, he assumes youre a speeder all the time, so no chance of getting a warning. but cops use other ways too like speed lines on the street, measuring your time between two points, speed matching, etc. so even if you have the best detector in the world (and it still doesnt alert you if the cop likes to point-and-shoot), youre still gonna get caught some other way. technically cops can pull you over if they visually observe you moving too fast for conditions. in some states having a detector is illegal too. most states its not, cause cops already know they are useless 80% of the time.
Old 03-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramonjones16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Ive gotten 6 speeding tickets in the last year and I have won all of them in court. We all have to realize that cops give tickets to fill quota even though they will never admit it. They fill their quota with the money we pay. To get out of tickets just go to court BS about how the officer wasnt even in the proper area to make a reading on your speed. Note that you were driving at the flow of traffic and say why didnt he ticket the people behind or in front of me. After that ask that you recieve a mitigation hearing and say you will pay a reduced fee because you did not commit the offense...Ive done it and it works. Oay the reduced fee and that **** doesnt go on your insurance or your record.
Old 03-09-2009
Registered!!

ramonjones16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Detectors aren't useless....they let you know when a cop is near and you just have to know that they dont know your speed until they can see you so if your an attentive driver which you should be if you race then youll be fine they can be the difference from getting a ticket at 80mph in a 60 zone or getting arrested for reckless driving for going 120 in a 60mph zone.
Old 03-11-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^uhhhhhh reality check. radar detectors do work (im talking about the premium ones like the V1, x50, 9500......because u get what you pay for)

and yes they work. they sense radar/laser, they beep. simple. you tell ur dumbass to slow the hell down, and when you pass them, you go with the speed according to the law.
Old 06-19-2010
J-K
Registered!!

J-K is an unknown quantity at this point

About the "quotas" you all talk about... I don't know where you're getting your info, but quotas, if they do exist, don't have any impact on officers attitude about giving tickets. Where I live, all the money from fines goes straight to the schools, but the police still love to mess with people.
Old 07-30-2010
Registered!!

Patrick1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: How to fight traffic tickets and win!

Originally Posted by Eyger
How free of a country do we live in where I have to pay money to drive fast?
How funny would that be as a bumper sticker?????

(another quote from Eyger) cops are bored, so they give out tickets and hope you don't fight them.

That would be another great bumper sticker
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

stimulisRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My huge write up on citations and more.

Originally Posted by Eyger
Haha, I feel like bumping my own article....
Hey Eyger, what state do you live in? I've always heard the "cops rarely show up to court" thing, but I live in NY, and with the 3 tickets I have, the cops dont need to show up. I plead Not Guilty, then go in for my court date, I sit down with the 15-30 other people there for either tickets or marajuana posession, the Judge calls my name, I go up there, and the DA and Judge just explain how they've lowered my charge if I agree to plead guilty. I never get a chance to explain what happened or anything. It's a quick like 2 minutes I'm up there and I just accept the lower plea.

Is NY different? Am I filling something out wrong on the ticket when I mail it in?
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Imani is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to court and wish for the law enforcement officer not to show up. Then it is involuntarily dismissed, or go to traffic school and then it is dismissed after completion then again you can just pay it and not speed anymore.

The amount of time you are spending on trying to beat this ticket is not very cost helpful.
The option is yours pay the ticket or pay someone for the information to beat the ticket and have the likelihood of still having to pay the ticket. injury lawyer toronto

Last edited by Imani; 02-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Streetwize86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ehhh if you feel like its not your fault then fight the ticket. Who cares what the officer says just show up like if you dont win do they charge you more?