Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Got Driving While suspended ticket in my Drive way...!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
Got Driving While suspended ticket in my Drive way...!??

ok so, yes im suspended...i was coming from my buddies house after work, and i was going with the traffic..35mph and theres a cruiser parked there just watching the cars go by..anyways...about quater mile i turn and then head to my street wich is like half mile..anyways...

i got out of my car.. and i opened the door to my apartment..and was walking out of my driveway when the pig shows up...and asked me if it was my car..about my lisence..etc..anyways..he gives me a ticket for driving while suspended...

what do you guys think of htat? can he actually do that when my car is parked in my drive way and i m not even in my car., im at my house..etc.

Id apreciate any thoughts...thanx

What i want to know if i should fight it..i looked in the cop car and id idnt see any sort of camera.

Last edited by Royando; 04-10-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Re: Got Driving While suspended ticket in my Drive way...!??

Um, what kind of suspension is it? Is it a hardship license where you are able to commute to and from work? Because you said you were coming home from work, so I would bring that up in court, because you have to get to work somehow. In Florida if you are caught driving with a suspended license, they don't give you a ticket, they arrest you.
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

yes the same applys here...but i wasnt driving, i was in my driveway when he pulled up....IF i was driving, what proof does he have..i was thinking of checking out the cop car, its not a very big city here and its a particular car that not like the city ones...since he was a sheriff i think. so the fine was 3000$, isnt that a lil high for a ticket?
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

to check for a camera..etc. other wise how can he prove that i was driving. He did say he ran my plates and it is registered to me, i have tinted windows, not very easy to see in there, even if he had a camera, iwas only there for like 2 seconds if that, when i passed infront of him. Id like to know if he did have a camera how good of a camera they have around here. Anyways im still pissed off.i should of just told him to get the hell out of my driveway and walk inside my house.
Old 04-11-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Hey, you're from Oregon!

Seriously, most Oregon cops will try to bullshit you into fines. I'd look into it more.
Old 04-11-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you may end up getting a ticket for your tint, if it's illegal in oregon, but it's better than $3k for a suspended lisence. I don't know that it will matter in court, but I'd like to know how he picked your plate to run outta all the cars passing by (you said traffic). Also, I would think you would have to be pulled over while actually driving to get that ticket. I wouldnt' worry about a camera. If he has a camera, it usually only records when the warning lights are on, on the cop car. They don't have cameras recording all the time when they're just driving around, else all the cops would be fired for treating red lights like stop signs. Also, with a $3000 ticket on the line, I'd get a lawyer. I don't necessarily recommend lawyers for $200 speeding tickets, but you have a bit more on the line here.
Old 04-11-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Also, even if he did have said hypothetical camera running, the video quality probably wouldn't be good enough to prove it was you. Get that lawyer.
Old 04-11-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

You're allowed 35% tint in Oregon....So if you're above that, super happy fun lawyer dance time mania
Old 04-11-2007

even if he's not, i'd take the tint ticket over the $3k. whats a ticket for tint?? $150??
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

wow. thanx for all the replies...yes its 35% here in oregon and i have i think the 27% on it, i have the reflective one and it actually covers alot more than regular. Even if i had my windows dropped and he saw me clearly, how can he prove it? Was i driving? hmmm..I live in a 2 apartment duplex and i live in the back and i have a loong driveway before you get to my doorstep...my parents livein the 1st one and i just told him to go to the street to talk about what he had to talk about, and he took my lisence and told me to wait in back of car, i didnt think he was gonna write it but i guess he had nothing better to do that day and wrote it in couple of minutes.

He did say if this and that, my car impounded, etc. But i wasnt on HIS road, its my prive driveway. Yes i got a lawyer in mind, and about the camera i hope it does only run when lights are on, IF he had one.
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you get out of this man. Last i heard they can't really nail you for something if you are already out of your car with the engine off if they didn't have the lights/siren on while they were following you. Did he have any of those on when he showed up?
Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

nope...my street is a dead end and when i was in my drive way walking toward my parents (next door, same drive way) they pulled right infront of my drive way. i was out of my car, not near my car. etc. oh yeah ..weird it is i saw that same pig today at some quicky mart i stopped at to get some chicken strips. it was the same f***r, hes at least 250 lbs and about 5'5", a fat@$$ in other words.

alright i think im done ventin.
Old 04-12-2007

you should have bribed him with donuts.
Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
you should have bribed him with donuts.
QFT
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

dzetino1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Got Driving While suspended ticket in my Drive way...!??

Hey super Interested and how you end up this situation, I got a DWS when I was walking on the sidewalk, and Im just need hel and to know if you got the ticket dismiss or what. please reply, thanks!!!!!
Old 08-21-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ it was in 2007... Not sure if any of them are around in here anymore...
Old 09-21-2012
Registered!!

Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I got a ticket for doing 69 in a 35. I pulled up in my driveway parked behind the house had my hand on my door handle and up pulls the cops. One that clocked me was in a unmarked toyota 4runner and he asked for my license etc. And up pulled two more marked cars. I got a ticket and a lawyer and got it reduced to 5 over. I was 17 and dumb so I put up no fight
Old 09-21-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

You must have had a DAMN good lawyer^