Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Profiled Ticket...

Old 07-09-2005
...ever grinning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
Profiled Ticket...

I swear, some damn police need to stop profiling and being **** holes. I was driving 48 in a 45 which went to 35. Other people were just flying right through the 35 like no tomarrow when I slowed down to just under 40 and I was even slowing down more to make a left turn at a light. A cop taking radar in the middle of the street pulls me over with 3 of my friends. After walking around my car for about 5 minutes trying to find something illegal, checking all of our seat belts were locked in, and telling me he's part of a task force to eliminate t-bones at this intersection by young drivers, he gives me a ticket for speeding. But that's not the problem.

I didn't really pay much attention to what he said after he came back from his car cause I was freaking out cause I didn't need another ticket on my record cause I had my liscense suspended over 18 months ago and I had one on supervision for a week before that I didn't want to violate (which is why I wasn't even going 5 over). When I read the ticket after I got home it said I was going 54 in a 35 which I wasn't even going 54 in the 45. It was taken by laser at 5XX some odd feet. He knew that if I went to court for a 3 mph over violation it would get thrown out (I've done it twice before) and just wanted to give a car full of 20 year olds a citation. How could I possibly dispute this retarded citation and get my supervision?

I don't really care about paying the ticket, that doesn't bother me. My problem is having both on my record cause of the violated supervision one before. Is it possible to just have the judge give me supervision on both? Is there a way I can play this off to get that? My date is this Wednesday, the 14th so I need as much help as I can before then. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by JesterMasque; 07-09-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2005
...ever grinning...

Bump!
Old 07-09-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
i know there are some police officers on here that can help you out more. i would think that they would have to have some type of proof or printout of the speed you were doing. did you ask to see your speed on the radar gun? also, you may be able to plea it down to "driving in an unsafe manner" which is a no point violation, just a fine. sorry that the a**hole pig did that to you. cops like that give all of the good cops a bad stereotype!! good luck with it...
Old 07-11-2005
...ever grinning...

Well, would they have that print out in court? But how would they proove that it's my car? Cause there were like 3 other cars right by me and he could've scanned any of them and just said it was me... Anyway you turn it I think I might get screwed unless I get a lawyer.
Old 07-11-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
a lawyer may come in handy, but itd prob just cost the same as the fine(s).

check this site out as well: http://www.ticketassassin.com/fight.html

you should contest the ticket in court and bring all your buddies that were in the vehicle with you. their witnesses and they can come in handy. explain to the judge how the officer was first looking at your car for 5min and THEN wrote the ticket for speeding... that will somewhat show how the officer wasnt getting you primarily for speeding, but for something else. a sign that may help you convince the judge that officer was just trying to get you for some bs