Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

***Please Read- NEON/UNDERBODY NEON LIGHT QUESTIONS***--UPDATED WITH CALIFORNIA LAW--

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
***Please Read- NEON/UNDERBODY NEON LIGHT QUESTIONS***--UPDATED WITH CALIFORNIA LAW--

For all of those of you asking about Neonunderbody lights... this thread is for you...

First off.... SEARCH.. its been covered many times before..

Second, in some jurisdictions(cities,counties, etc.) neon lights may be legal or illegal...

Third, 99% of the time any BLUE or RED neon light will be ILLEGAL

Fourth, I would contact your local authorites for get the exact law on your question because it varies everywhere...

Please contact me(injencivic), NARC, Kyle4583, or NeonImpact if you have any questions about neon laws... but i can probably vouch for them on what they will tell you is what i just told you.

FOR THOSE OF YOU IN CALIFORNIA, CLICK BELOW
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...37#post2787537

Injen

Last edited by injencivic; 02-16-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
absolut_vodka98 will become famous soon enoughabsolut_vodka98 will become famous soon enough
Ohio Law:

Neon/underglo: You are allowed to have neon/underglo lights provided the bulbs can't be seen. If you have a body kit, make sure to tuck these lights up on the body and check to see whether or not any bulbs are directly visible. Provided you meet these requirements, there are no restrictions to color, although I would not recommend mixing red and blue bulbs as this might cause problems with other laws outside of neone lighting.

Additonal lighting info: (Hood lights (nozzle lights), fender lights,Tire Fly's and headlamp accessory bulbs)

Any lighting other than white or amber are illegal in the state of Ohio. License plate neons are illegal despite the color and tire flys are illegal as well.