Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Canadian Legal Sub Forum

Old 02-04-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Canadian Legal Sub Forum

This sub is the new home for any Canadian based Legal/Law topics, and conversation. Kindly post all realted topics here. This should make it a little easier for you guys to find the content properly suited to your questions.

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
All of the Canadian topics from the main forum should all be in this forum at this time. If any other Moderators find any strays please move them over, but i got all of them from a search moved.

Thanks,
Injen
Old 10-04-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
If any members have any legal questions about the High Way Traffic Act or a wrongful ticket that you feel you didn't deserve, feel free to PM me. I am studying traffic managment and law and my prof is also a police officer. I will keep your name private and ask him you question in order to give you an answer which could save you!
Old 05-29-2005
Registered!!

Drknite is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Legal lights and tint

I am trying to find out for sure what is legal with under glow in Ontario.
I have red led under glow with no light through the front as well as my bulbs are not visable.
Is it legal to drive with them on? And if so is there anything in writing that will prove this?
Also I have tint on my windshield at the bottom as well as the top. Nothing is obstructive and it is not much. The company that put it on said it was legal bacause there is a 35cm viewing area from top tp bottom, is this the case and if so where can I find this in writing? I have read the tint laws and I do not see anything that talks about the lower part of the windshield.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

Freestyle72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Canadian Legal Sub Forum

Hey i just got a ticket a week and half ago. It says I was doing 77 in a 50. Which I was. However in the street was gunning i was just going the speed of traffic, seriously.

I asked the cop if he could give mea break because i have atotally clean record. But he wouldnt. He said appeal it in court and he'll agree to anything the court says.

But basically my question is what should I say? I dont want the three points taken away from me. But iam not sure if I should deny speeding or what i need to say exactly to get off easier or off totally. I live in London Ontario by the way
Old 05-13-2009

uns007 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to monetize your forum it is important to stay on topic
Old 05-13-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Legal lights and tint

Originally Posted by Drknite
I am trying to find out for sure what is legal with under glow in Ontario.
I have red led under glow with no light through the front as well as my bulbs are not visable.
Is it legal to drive with them on? And if so is there anything in writing that will prove this?
Also I have tint on my windshield at the bottom as well as the top. Nothing is obstructive and it is not much. The company that put it on said it was legal bacause there is a 35cm viewing area from top tp bottom, is this the case and if so where can I find this in writing? I have read the tint laws and I do not see anything that talks about the lower part of the windshield.
Do the police in Ontario have telephones? Seriously, if you call them, they might pick up.
Old 05-14-2009
Registered!!

speedeamon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Freestyle72
Hey i just got a ticket a week and half ago. It says I was doing 77 in a 50. Which I was. However in the street was gunning i was just going the speed of traffic, seriously.

I asked the cop if he could give mea break because i have atotally clean record. But he wouldnt. He said appeal it in court and he'll agree to anything the court says.

But basically my question is what should I say? I dont want the three points taken away from me. But iam not sure if I should deny speeding or what i need to say exactly to get off easier or off totally. I live in London Ontario by the way

you could always go to court to try to have this ontario speeding ticket plead down to a lesser offence, but if you want to try to have it eliminated completely you should hire legal representation. there is information that they know that the average person doesnt becasue this is what thye do for a living. if it takes more than a year for the ticket to go to court, there is a motion that they can file for also to help get the ticket eliminated.
Old 09-03-2009

jjoe1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can read this http://uslawyersdb1.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2010
Registered!!

Simon Borys is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys might be interested in my blog. I'm a former police officer in Ontario (traffic was my specialty) who's now going to law school to become a defence lawyer. Now I write about about a number of things including debunking police myths, traffic enforcement and providing information on new laws and legal issues. My last couple posts were about whether an officer can still give you a ticket if they don't have their hat on, whether police have to show you the number on the radar and whether police have quotas of tickets. If you're interested check it out!

http://simonborys.wordpress.com

Please feel free to contact me through my blog or email at simonborys@yahoo.com. I'm always looking for new ideas to write about so just tell me what you'd like to see.
Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

New blog post up about my own day in court. I'm sure lots of you will have an opinion on this one!

http://simonborys.wordpress.com
Old 05-07-2010
Registered!!

I've got a new post up on my blog about whether it is always required to signal your turn or lane change. Check it out at http://simonborys.wordpress.com
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

I just wrote an article for OntarioTicket.com, entitled Motor vehicle Lighting Laws in Ontario. It gives a full rundown of all required, restricted, and prohibited lights for motor vehicles in Ontario. If you drive a vehicle in Ontario, you should probably check this out!

http://simonborys.wordpress.com/2010...lighting-laws/
Old 05-21-2010
Registered!!

Are LED lights on the front of a vehicle legal in Ontario? Check out the new post on my blog for the answer.

http://simonborys.wordpress.com/2010...al-in-ontario/
Old 06-01-2010
Registered!!

If you are interested, there is a new article on my blog about Roadside Alcohol Suspensions: Bill 203 explained.

http://simonborys.wordpress.com/2010...203-explained/