Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Whats the highest the cops have caught you going?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dustin_samuel is an unknown quantity at this point
45 in a 30 (Highway 101, San Diego). Only time I've ever gotten pulled over...........................
Old 11-18-2003

skiboard is on a distinguished road
180KM/hr on 100Km/hr 417 highway, raced with a Cop, I won, he gave me a ticket for 120Km/hr.

I went in to the tighway from IC and I saw a car comming really fast behind me. Just got curious and drove faster then him. I couldnt see anythin because it was late in the night.
He tried to pass by me in first lane when we were going at 160km/h and I speeded up to 180/km in the second lane. He suddenly came behind me and I saw all kinds of lights flashing in my rear view mirror.. He never passed by me, so I never knew he was a cop. lol. He was nice and gave me only $120 fine.
Old 11-18-2003
where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals...

muzhik will become famous soon enoughmuzhik will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by skiboard
180KM/hr on 100Km/hr 417 highway, raced with a Cop, I won, he gave me a ticket for 120Km/hr.

I went in to the tighway from IC and I saw a car comming really fast behind me. Just got curious and drove faster then him. I couldnt see anythin because it was late in the night.
He tried to pass by me in first lane when we were going at 160km/h and I speeded up to 180/km in the second lane. He suddenly came behind me and I saw all kinds of lights flashing in my rear view mirror.. He never passed by me, so I never knew he was a cop. lol. He was nice and gave me only $120 fine.
Lucky boy

I was racing unmarked cop on i-90 towards seattle, we were doing like 100-110; then he pullud me over and gave me a ticket from evading police.... WTF; I've paid $300 for my lawyer and she got the ticket trown out of court; so it's not on my record

I hate fake cops......
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

nastinupe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was gunned doing 145 in a 65, but they never caught me.
Old 11-18-2003
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
85 in a 55 in my 89 crx si

no radar lock
no pacing from officers car
and the judge made me pay $345 ticket.
Old 11-21-2003
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
98 in a 65. reduced to 80. Got driving school.
Old 11-23-2003
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
60 in a 30 comming home from grandma's... it's not that bad but luckly I did'nt get pulled over
Old 12-01-2003
Registered!!

BoWeasel is an unknown quantity at this point
I got pulled over in some redneck town outside of Gainesville, Florida. Doing 70+ in a 35. Got an evading ticket and speeding and had to go to court. Everything costed me around 300 bucks. Stupid night, but I guess I deserved it.

Fastest ever was a 126 in a 87 civic HB Si in a 65. A mustang passed me though.....son of a B!!
Old 12-02-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I got a ticket in my 03 EX Coupe in the first 12 hours I owned it! I was doing about 95 in the HOV lane but only got nailed for an HOV violation.....$385. Yeah, driving school.

And usually the ticket that the cops give is "wasting a finite resource". You've got to be lucky to get away with one of those. Out here in AZ our red light cameras now detect speed at stop lights.

Last edited by Rufus; 12-02-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got my 1st speeding ticket in 6 years I've been driving this past Thursday. 52 in a 35. Not sure how much my fine is... Find out in February which is my court date... Hopefully not that much and go to driving school to take out that point.
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

urmystlkal is an unknown quantity at this point
Going 100 in a 25. 3 cops came to the seen but I got to drive home. Only had to pay $30 court fee and got 6 months probation. I'm on probation right now also because I got a ticket for going 40 in a 30. That sucked.
Old 12-14-2003
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i've only gotten my car up to 101. I normally do about 80 on the highway. the 101 was on a stretch of highway that has no pulloffs for cops to be on, since the sides of the highway were all sand, and you're able to see ahead and behind far enough to slow down.

BUT, my high school cross country coach told us of his first ticket. this was back in the 60s or 70s, when cars were jus tlike tanks. he was caught doing 70 in a school zone!
Old 12-14-2003
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
btw, never been caught speeding. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

Does woodgrain interior count if you need to knock on wood? haha
Old 09-13-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Whats the highest the cops have caught you going?

young and stupid! 125 in a 70. Valentines Day @ 3AM noone on the road, in my moms V6 accord lol.

I was shakin when the cop was talking to me. he marked it down to 90 in a 70 so i wouldnt get my liscence revoked, and i had to do the 8hr traffic school, and 10hrs of community service.

oh yeah 5 YEAR BUMP!!!!!
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

i've gotten 4 tickets for 15+ over. My fav. was driving the 'ol 350z 140mph past a cop and having him pull out of his hiding spots lights on and everything. I think he thought I would stop but give me a break, I flew past him at 140 while he was parked, no way in hell he was going to catch up.
Old 09-17-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

thread from the dead
Old 09-17-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rednwhite04
i've gotten 4 tickets for 15+ over. My fav. was driving the 'ol 350z 140mph past a cop and having him pull out of his hiding spots lights on and everything. I think he thought I would stop but give me a break, I flew past him at 140 while he was parked, no way in hell he was going to catch up.
I think you have a misconception about the engine comparison. A cop in a high output V8 is not going to have much trouble catching up to you. I was doing a similar speed past a cop that was standing on the side of the road trying to wave me in. I blew by him, didn't slow down and saw him running to his car in my rearview mirror......this was in upstate New York. Eventually about 30-40 seconds later he was behind me. I almost made it to the off ramp but didn't quite get there.

Also, on a funny note, the race track (Race City) got closed down here 2 weeks ago so in protest a biker was doing wheelies up and down a major highway all night and got caught on one cop's radar at 258 (non wheelie). Obviously the guy never got caught going that fast but they're still looking for him.
Old 09-22-2008
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

goin 81 in a 60. What pisses me off is that I was passing someone who was goin like 50. Fastest I was able to go was 122 in a 50.
Old 09-30-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

i just gout caught yesterday doing 75 in a 60mph. 4 lane SR and i had a car behind me doing the same speed. i had my cruse control on with my foot hovering over the gas doing 80. i saw the cop comming in the opposit direction so i took my foot off the gas thinking i would slow down, but no. the cop was comming in the opposit direction, running radar. after i passed him he did a quick turn around and hit the lights. i was hoping he was after the guy behind me, but i knew it was me he was after. he stopped me and i did all the "yes, sirs." and "no, sirs" and the "sir i have to reach into the glove box". he asked if i had any weapons. i said "no, sir". he gave me my ticket and said "because its your first one and your a pretty nice guy, i knocked 5mph off. but your cost is $200". i was like, "****, how bout knocking $100 off? haha". but he didnt.

btw in ganna be selling my cruse control
Old 09-30-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

haha, you guys have to ask to reach into the glovebox? I'm rooting through that **** before the cop even gets to the window. I've got one hand in the console and the other in the glovebox. But then I come from a province where the cops were only allowed to carry guns a few years ago.....
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

Hondan should not be trusted

89km/h in a 50 limit zone.
Old 09-30-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeX
haha, you guys have to ask to reach into the glovebox? I'm rooting through that **** before the cop even gets to the window. I've got one hand in the console and the other in the glovebox. But then I come from a province where the cops were only allowed to carry guns a few years ago.....
lmao. where im at, cops can shoot you for reaching for your wallet with out asking or being asked. the time they get out of the car to the time they get to the drivers window, theyre gun in either unholstered or uncliped with theyre hand on it.
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

First Time I got pulled over was around 8:30 p.m. back in 05 when I had recently bought my brand new civic, I was pretty scared as I thought I was speeding plus I didn't completely stop on a STOP sign, so I thought here comes 2 different tickets. Cop came to the window and asked "Do u know y I pulled u over Sir"?

Offcourse I said "I have no clue, I seemed to be doing everything properly Officer", he says "Well not exactly, U've been driving for past 2 miles without ur Headlights On"

I was like Sh!!T.... Because my civic had manual way of turning headlights on, which I preferred, but I was so used to the automatic way in my previous car that I completely forgot. And street lights were very bright so I didn't notice my headlights not being on!

Anyway He let's me off with the Warning!

Second Incident: I was doing 102 trying to get to work fast on a 35 zone, a cop was coming out of this coffee shop and sees me flying through, so he runs to his car, I knew I was gonna be busted, but luckily I was close to my work so I quickly got there and Got into the Garage Parking with my keycard, I was able to hear his sirens for 2-3 minutes. That whole week I was **** scared thinking he may have noted my license plate, but luckily he didn't.
Old 11-29-2008
Registered!!

vicaphit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was ticketed for 70mph in a 55 zone. I once flew by a parked cop at 90+ in a 65, I didn't notice him until I was just about to pass him... Luckily I watched as he pulled out his radar gun. He must have just gotten to that spot. Boy was I nervous.
Old 11-29-2008
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

i had 97 in a 55. but ive never been caught going higher... there was one time i was going 120 on a empty open highway and there was a random black crown vic on the side of the road. turns out it wasnt a cop but i def needed a change of undies. lol
Old 11-30-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ too much info pete........
Old 12-01-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

92 in a 45... the state trooper was going the opposite way and as soon as he saw me he hit the lights. I went around the bend and pulled over. The cop almost blew by me, he pulled in and was so happy I didn't run that he wrote me a ticket for like 59 in a 45. I went to the court date and i ended up with a 55$ fine and 2 points on my insurance.
Old 12-01-2008
Registered!!

Geoo is an unknown quantity at this point

only been caught once 55 in 35 at 2 am cop was cool didnt give me reckless, only speeding ended up costing around 300 though but beats losing my license....

But one time i was in a rush to make a deposit for my mom around 2 pm bank was about to close going 65 in a 40 and i blow past an audi full of teenagers, they think i wanna race and try to blow past me well they do( i wasnt trying to race so i didnt care) so i m doin 70 they switch lanes to get infront of me at about 75 next thing u kno cop comes out of the bushs right onto the street!!!! I nearly sh*t myself...he stops the audi but not me that was a close call
Old 12-01-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

va kids sucks.. lulz.
Old 12-01-2008
Registered!!

Geoo is an unknown quantity at this point

lol yup always think i wanna race!!

Quick Reply: Whats the highest the cops have caught you going?