starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
instalher is an unknown quantity at this point
starting issues

i have an o3 civic lx. i drove my car, running perfectly, last week and parked it on sat. after driving home from abbotsford to chilliwack thru the start of that wicked snow storm... i tried to start my car two days ago, as i wasent going to drive it during the snow storm, i only have summer low pro rubber on the car so i would have gone nowhere anyway! i go to start the car and she just turns over but wont fire. i floor the gas and after about 30 tries it barly starts, but its sputtering, and wont stay running. any ideas?
Old 01-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: starting issues

Sounds like it is flooded.

Pull the floormat out of the way. Floor the gas pedal. Crank it for no longer than 15 seconds. Give the starter a rest, let it cool off. Floor the gas pedal, crank it again. Keep repeating until it fires up. Once it starts trying to fire, you will need to adjust your gas pedal.

Flooring the gas pedal while the starter is cranking turns off the fuel injectors. If you let up off of the pedal while the starter is cranking, it will inject more fuel. The goal is to clear out the excess fuel so it can start, so keep that pedal to the floor.

Once it does run, do not shut it off until the engine has reached operating temperature. Driving it is more preferable, idling lets it "load up" and doesn't get the sparkplugs cleaned of carbon buildup.

Or you could buy a fresh set of plugs. Never ever buy Bosch Platinum plugs.