Northeast Ohio Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Re: Northeast Ohio Owners

Originally Posted by woosterhondaguy
hey i live down in wooster and we've got a little scene of about 5 cars (99gsr, 98 teg, 00' sohc ex, 95 prelude, and a 99 si) but guys if you really wanna know where its at you gotta go to park avenue west in mansfeild on any friday or saturday night in the summer... i'm talkin 80 plus cars runnin from like 9pm till midnight. Its fun as hell but you gotta watch out for cops and its not like a betting money kind of street racing you just match up with whoever and pull through first and second gear and you can do it all night long haha we cruise up from Wooster several times each year and its always a blast
Welcome!

Sounds like a nice little group you have in Wooster. I wish there was more of a scene around here. Stuff just kinda pops up on the weekends a mile or so do down the road from me. I've never seen it personally or taken part in any racing though.

Mansfield is a bit of a drive for me. But, I may have to make the drive some day. Of course, just to watch at a moderately safe distance. Even with all my ways I could probably get out of a ticket, I'd rather not chance it.

I'm not for street racing, but to each his own. If you do join the facebook group, street racing is frowned upon. They're trying to keep a positive image, not make honda/acura owners look like wreckless, careless drivers.
Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

woosterhondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Artificial
Welcome!

Sounds like a nice little group you have in Wooster. I wish there was more of a scene around here. Stuff just kinda pops up on the weekends a mile or so do down the road from me. I've never seen it personally or taken part in any racing though.

Mansfield is a bit of a drive for me. But, I may have to make the drive some day. Of course, just to watch at a moderately safe distance. Even with all my ways I could probably get out of a ticket, I'd rather not chance it.

I'm not for street racing, but to each his own. If you do join the facebook group, street racing is frowned upon. They're trying to keep a positive image, not make honda/acura owners look like wreckless, careless drivers.
haha yeah i see where you're coming from... its not really like an all out kind of street racing the way it works is that you just pull out of one of the two parking lots on either end of the road and just pull through second gear or to the speed limit either way its fairly safe and as far as risk goes there definitely is a risk but if you have eyes... its minimal... lol but many of the people that came down didnt even race they just parked in the large parking lot in the middle of the strip and it was like a large car show with evo's, sti's and even a few muscle cars sitting around... my point being its just what you make it and definitely worth a visit
Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by woosterhondaguy
haha yeah i see where you're coming from... its not really like an all out kind of street racing the way it works is that you just pull out of one of the two parking lots on either end of the road and just pull through second gear or to the speed limit either way its fairly safe and as far as risk goes there definitely is a risk but if you have eyes... its minimal... lol but many of the people that came down didnt even race they just parked in the large parking lot in the middle of the strip and it was like a large car show with evo's, sti's and even a few muscle cars sitting around... my point being its just what you make it and definitely worth a visit
Sounds like fun.

I'll have to talk my mom into letting me borrow her car for the night if I ever go.
Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

07tiburonGS is an unknown quantity at this point

Im from lorain. About 37 mins from downtown cleveland.
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Here's the current member list of people who have posted in here and/or joined the social group on here.

Last edited by Artificial; 12-30-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Cars Cruise for Cancer date is set to be on June 10th. It will be starting at Thomas Classics in Akron.

I'll be there, I'm looking forward to it. I hope some of you can make it out for a great cause, as well.
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

ZachhhIsLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Man the CCC date is unfortunate. Sadly I will be returning from the east coast Honda Acura meet in Virginia that day so I won't be able to make it.
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

Sorry to hear you can't make it out, maybe something will change with the date. It's not set in stone yet.
Old 02-06-2012
Registered!!

The details of the 2012 Cars Cruise for Cancer have been firmed up. It starts at 11am on June 10th at Thomas Classics. Check out the event page here!
Old 03-05-2012
Registered!!

Possible casual meet this Friday. I will post more details as they become available.

CHECK OUT THE FACEBOOK GROUP HERE

EDIT: This Friday, the 9th, we're meeting at Quaker in North Canton. For anyone coming from the North or West they will be meeting at the TA at 71 and 224, then driving to Canton. Times are still TBA.

EDIT II:
People coming from the west/northwest meet at TA at 71 and 224 (8834 Lake Rd, Seville, OH) @ 5:00PM
People coming from the east/northeast meet at McDonalds in Rootstown off 76 at 44 (4190 Lynn Rd, Rootstown, OH) @ 5:30PM

Plan is for everyone to be getting to Quaker in North Canton around 6:15 at the latest.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Artificial; 03-06-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2012
Registered!!

Sometime soon, there's gonna be another Quaker meet in Canton. No details yet.

Also, in late May or June I'm trying to organize an all Ohio +surrounding states meet in Columbus. We're kinda thinking Buffalo Wild Wings, if anyone in or around Cbus could point me towards one that is situated on a parking lot with 200+ spots(figuring half will be filled by normal folk) cause I'd like to get 50+ cars to show. I'd really appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2012
Registered!!

Diiplomat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Re-locating from FL for college. Bringing along my EG. Wondering what the scene is like in the Lorain/Elyria area?
Old 06-02-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Diiplomat
Hey all,

Re-locating from FL for college. Bringing along my EG. Wondering what the scene is like in the Lorain/Elyria area?
There's a good group up there called Soft Grip. Here's a link to their Facebook page. They aren't an all Honda/Acura group, but I'd still chill with them. There's some of the Honda/Acura folk up in that area too.
Old 06-04-2012
Registered!!

darkhonda2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Artificial
Sometime soon, there's gonna be another Quaker meet in Canton. No details yet.

Also, in late May or June I'm trying to organize an all Ohio +surrounding states meet in Columbus. We're kinda thinking Buffalo Wild Wings, if anyone in or around Cbus could point me towards one that is situated on a parking lot with 200+ spots(figuring half will be filled by normal folk) cause I'd like to get 50+ cars to show. I'd really appreciate it.
The Quaker State in Polaris already has car shows every saturday, might be possible to contact them to meet there if you wanted to do it on a sunday. it also is a giant mall so there's always enough parking there...
Old 09-26-2012
Meh...

Hensinger2010 will become famous soon enough

why isnt this happening!
Old 09-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hensinger2010
why isnt this happening!
Everyone on here kinda died off. This weekend is Import Face Off in Cbus. I'm not sure if I'm going, depends on my work schedule.

But, I know there's a group from Facebook going to Dragway 42 on Saturday, going to one person's house for some shenanigans that night, then going to IFO on Sunday.
Old 09-29-2012
Meh...

Hensinger2010 will become famous soon enough

group name?
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Here's a link for it.
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

TheZone95 is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! I'm super late... Anyways I'm from Twinsburg just about 30 mins from Cleveland but the car is in Cleveland since we have no other place to store it. It's my first car and I'm 15 just about to get my temps. tomorrow. My dad and I are painting it, putting in a new exhaust and headers, we fixed a rusted fuel line and put in a new transmission. It's a 1996 Civic Lx