Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

converting 2004 hybrid to gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacy Price is an unknown quantity at this point
converting 2004 hybrid to gas

So here's the deal I have a crashed 2004 civic with a 1.7 auto and a 2004 civic hybrid auto and was wondering what I would run into doing this conversion. So I have two complete car and a well stocked shop with lift. I sure either I or my brother have the fab. skills it would take to get the job done. Just thought I would ask how deep the water was before jumping in.
Old 10-20-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: converting 2004 hybrid to gas

Why not just drive the uncrashed hybrid as-is? Seems much simpler.
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacy Price is an unknown quantity at this point

Batterys are bad on the hybrid and the frame is unfixable on the gas car
Old 10-20-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stacy Price
Batterys are bad on the hybrid and
If you need wheels ASAP, the hybrid drives okay even with the bad battery pack....just has low power, kinda slow.

I've not noticed posts from anyone swapping a normal drivetrain into the hybrids body but they are damn close and may well be doable but it may take a lot more than just a simple drivetrain transplant along with some serious wiring harness and component swaps to make it work.