Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Em2/dc5

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016
HondaForLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AddictionJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Em2/dc5

So, I've been reading pages and pages of information and I've yet to find a solid answer. So here we are, I didn't wanna revive a 10 year old thread to ask some questions.

I currently own a 2004 Honda Civic SE, as well as a 2003 Acura RSX type S. In complete working order; both of them run and drive, and are saftied and etested.

I'm looking to K swap my civic. Here's the questions I have.

From what I gather, I only need the hasport mounts to complete the swap, because everything else I need is with my type s. Correct?

I know I have everything for the 5 lug conversion, can I use the civic brake Booster and such the way it sits or do I need to swap that out of the RSX to?

In that same note, when I drop the motor from the RSX, am I able to just drop the subframe with the motor and axles and knuckles and struts all as one unit? I'm taking it all anyways.

If I swap out the front end conversion, meaning I would have the RSX rad support, I can use the rad and everything will fit? No cutting holes in the hood to make room for the PS pump?

Seeing I have the donor, and all of the interior fits, am I able to take the complete wiring harness, the ecu, the cluster, the dash, the steering wheel, seats, console and transfer it all over?

When it comes to the ignition, I read something about having the ECU flashed because of the different ignition, how am I able to solve this issue?

The shifter box and cables all work in the EM2 shell as well right?

I'm planning on doing this soon, as in next weekend without much help, I don't like letting people mess with my stuff. No, I don't have a hoist and all that fancy stuff but I've got many years with wrenches, and done my fair share of swaps. Confident it can be done, I'm just looking for as much info as possible before I rip two good running cars apart to create something awesome.

Thanks for any tips or help in advance.

Last edited by AddictionJDM; 04-02-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: More info