Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

D17a2 stage 2 crowder camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chameleonman is an unknown quantity at this point
D17a2 stage 2 crowder camshaft

I bought a crower stage 2 camshaft about a month ago. I was wanting to get some tips on getting the most performance outta it. Like what all do I need? Just the springs and retainers? If I get a k-pro engine management system would I still need a ecu? If someone who knows more about this could help me out that would be sweet. Car is been in the driveway for a couple months now and just wanna get it done the right way.

Last edited by Chameleonman; 09-03-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: D17a2 stage 2 crowder camshaft

You need:

Springs
Retainers
K-Pro (stock D17 ecu will not work, need K-Series one)
Possibly Hondata cam gear for timing
Tune from a shop
Old 09-04-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make sure.. I'm assuming your engine is not turbocharged, so did you make sure you got the N/A version of the cam?

And to piggyback on GolNat, titanium springs/retainers ($300), fuel/engine management, and a GOOD tune. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that you may have to notch the block, but I have no source to back that up on.
Old 09-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chameleonman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just to make sure.. I'm assuming your engine is not turbocharged, so did you make sure you got the N/A version of the cam?

And to piggyback on GolNat, titanium springs/retainers ($300), fuel/engine management, and a GOOD tune. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that you may have to notch the block, but I have no source to back that up on.
Yes I plan on putting a turbocharger in so I got the one with turbo. Im fine with the car sitting for a while I just want everything done right, so in order to turbo it I need? I plann on going with garrett what is a good size turbo to run and what do I need to do to the motor to turbo it? Can a stock d17 handle 20lbs of turbo?
Old 09-05-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, no. Stock can handle maybe 8psi max.

You're gonna need a custom intake manifold that can take that kind of pressure. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what kind of internals you'd need to handle the boost. You're also gonna need fuel injectors, aftermarket fuel pump, likely a return-style fuel system conversion.