Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Help from k20 guru's and boosted civic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twin102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help from k20 guru's and boosted civic's

hey guys I'm new here and i figured it would be the best place to inquire.

here's my setup right now

i have a 2004 vp civic, d17a1 that i boosted a few years ago. I'm running about 14.8 psi on a gt25, EMS standalone connected to my truboost, oil, and wideband. it's been great and so far so good and i personally will never go back to an N/A ever again! Now my question is the following, i've been considering upgrading to a k20 and turbo it.

The reason is because i want to upgrade my pipping to stainless steel (currently have aluminium) and i have to build a custom intake manifold since the d17 is in plastic. I also have to do my down pipe in the near future since it came with my kit and i want it to match my custom exhaust from the cat back.

I was wondering if there was a way i can upgrade to the K20 but keep my EMS and if i would be requiring all the parts that i've found on the forums. I'm a bit confused with the whole k20 swap and i know i need a bit more research, but if someone could shed the light for me it would help.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 02-24-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Help from k20 guru's and boosted civic's

The D17 and K20 use the same AEM EMS unit I believe, call them to confirm.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...0-d17-k20.html

As far as what parts you need, have you read the xproductions DIY, it's the bible of k-series into 7th gens.
Old 02-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twin102 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey thanks for the response
I'm pretty sure that it would be compatible, and yes i will be calling them to confirm, but my main point that made me unsure is the wiring harness, from what i understand, ill have the rsx harness so it will no longer plug directly into my ems, but i will let you know about it when i speak to AEM

i haven't seen his diy, but i will now!
thanks for your help and guidance
Old 02-25-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Understandable concern.

For reference, although you probably have already found it, a link to xproductions..

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...20-2008-a.html