SOHC D17Ax non-VTEC - VTEC Engine Swaps Post information/questions about non-VTEC VTEC D-series engines here.

Engine Help 2004 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: Engine Help 2004 Civic

That is good news...while it sucks it was something small and is frustrating..at least it was that..something SMALL and not a major issue.
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eric777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to thank each of you who posted replies to my questions. I have now completed the swap and it seems to be running well at this point. I am in no way a mechanic but consider myself to be mechanically inclined. This was a fun challenge and I would do it again if I had the reason.

A ran into a few small issues that I ended up fixing. The plastic intake housing has a broken brake booster port. I had to change the intake from the old engine to my newer engine requiring a newer gasket. The least expensive intake gasket came directly from the local Honda shop.

The exhaust manifold from the replacement engine didn't sound right and I think it had a leak. I replaced this with the manifold from my old engine. Problem fixed.

I noticed a mounting bracket for the throttle / cruise control cable was a bit different than the one from my old engine. I changed this out with the brackets from my old engine and all was well.

Of course, always make sure you remember to remove the cab plugs from the ports on the newer engine.
Old 01-17-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

thanks for the update and your welcome also...
Old 04-06-2015
Registered!!

Stickboy318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
You forgot something or broke wires on one of the trans connections. Flashing D light is trans codes, the fastest thing to do is read all the codes codes and check whatever it says.

If it sets trans code without driving the car, it's electrical. Usually something left off.
VSS wire? THAT'S one **** that I usually forget about on Accords because it's hard to see and impossible to reach it.

Also look for swapped connectors on the solenoids.
Good evening I am have a similar problem, but I the code I am reading is P2769 is that a bad TCC solenoid. Is that an easy DIY project?

Thanks

Scott
Old 04-06-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stickboy318
Good evening I am have a similar problem, but I the code I am reading is P2769 is that a bad TCC solenoid. Is that an easy DIY project?

Thanks

Scott
What car do you have?
What code do you have? Did you mis-typo this number? The number you gave doesn't seem to be valid for the couple cars I tried it on.
Old 04-06-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok it came up in 2005..

Short in TCC solenoid valve circuit.
Pinched wires, damaged solenoid, etc. Ohm meter and a wire diagram?
Old 04-06-2015
Registered!!

Stickboy318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks, if the TCC solenoid is bad how hard is it to replace, new at this.

Thanks

Scott
Old 04-06-2015

Check it first. Don't just replace it unless it's bad.
I think it's like one bolt holding the sol in, but its buried under wire harness.