Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Stage 1 Cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stage 1 Cams

LOL. Cleanest part of the car, everything else is dirty.
Old 08-03-2013
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

crower stage 1 is in hand...4 days off...wish me luck!
Old 08-03-2013

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

well took me about 10 hours but she's in and ran at idle, i'll take her for a run then post some feedback, wish me luck!
Old 08-04-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I just now realized what your sig meant. Holy crap I'm slow.

Get the CEL nonsense figured out?
Old 08-05-2013

hahaha lol. ya my scanner is not working, so i have to wait until tomorrow and use one at work. it sucks though it seems right when the cam starts feeling good the CEL comes on. i tryed an ecu relearn and she did good for a while then i took her up to 6000rpm in second and the cel cam on again.
Old 08-06-2013
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You triple-check that the timing was good and that every sensor was hooked up properly?
Old 01-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=maxtierney;4639798]My next mod will be D16Y8 Intake Manifold.

D16Y8 Intake Manifold

Old 05-28-2014
Registered!!

em2 10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where can i purchase a stage 1 cam for my 04 civic ex?
Old 05-28-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by em2 10
Where can i purchase a stage 1 cam for my 04 civic ex?
^ I think we answered that on your thread... If you don't even bother to read, there's no reason to reply.

and you are in the internet... search!!!!

Good for nothing post will be deleted in a few days.

Here, your OWN thread:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...t-upgrade.html

Here, the post telling you where to buy them:
Originally Posted by GolNat
A more aggresive cam will allow for the valves to open up more. Check out Crower cams.

Coilovers check out, Progress, Tein, Ground Control, Buddy Club. Various distributors carry these products. Two that cater to the 7th gen are Dezod and Corsport.

http://www.dezod.com

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/index.php

Last edited by sdaidoji; 05-28-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

My stage 1 cam is scheduled to arrive on the 15th!

Trying to make a list of what to replace while I install it. Did a hg/ timing belt job about 40k ago including way more gaskets and seals than necessary.

So far I've come up with the crank seal, since it wasn't included in the Honda kit and I never got one. Probably gonna swap in a new crank pulley as well, mine has a tiny chip on one of the grooves and has 222k on it.

Also going to put in new cam cap and seal, cap seems to be leaking again.

I also still have a brand new set of valve seals from the gasket kit. Would it be worth doing them at this point? 222k but no smoke from the exhaust or anything.

Anything else I should be changing out while im in there?

Last edited by MassCivic; 03-10-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just realized i have not post the mileage I am getting with the cam still in there

this is the best ever trip, some 25 miles with HWY (70 MPH), so local (55 MPH) and city (35 MPH) - very short stretch
Name:  20151208_154452_zpsi9zruvkr.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  262.6 KB

second best ever - today, so after the header install - it still can do it!

Name:  20160310_062207_zpsgeghaaap.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  210.1 KB
Old 03-10-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by MassCivic
My stage 1 cam is scheduled to arrive on the 15th!

Trying to make a list of what to replace while I install it. Did a hg/ timing belt job about 40k ago including way more gaskets and seals than necessary.

So far I've come up with the crank seal, since it wasn't included in the Honda kit and I never got one. Probably gonna swap in a new crank pulley as well, mine has a tiny chip on one of the grooves and has 222k on it.

Also going to put in new cam cap and seal, cap seems to be leaking again.

I also still have a brand new set of valve seals from the gasket kit. Would it be worth doing them at this point? 222k but no smoke from the exhaust or anything.

Anything else I should be changing out while im in there?
the valve seals... not sure, i did not do them, but i am still at 120k
the crank seal - i think mine is starting to leak, should have done...
I think you got most of them already covered?
Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
the valve seals... not sure, i did not do them, but i am still at 120k
the crank seal - i think mine is starting to leak, should have done...
I think you got most of them already covered?
Right on, been through enough parts diagrams now I shouldn't be missing anything!

Just wish the HG kit had included it in the first place... Cam seal but no crank seal!?

I suppose I'll do the valve seals if I can find the tool, otherwise I put it off again.
Old 03-22-2016
Registered!!

Dropped in the stage 1 today, have to finish reassembly and adjust valves tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Nice! Any advice for the install?
Old 03-23-2016
Administrator
Administrator

take your time. ****'s stupid easy to do.
Old 03-23-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
take your time. ****'s stupid easy to do.
I'm mainly worried about the timing belt and such... I've never dealt with it before.
Old 03-26-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

take a look into the timing belt link - i posted my mishaps there
Old 03-27-2016
Administrator
Administrator

Timing belt is much more intimidating before you first mess with it. I'll admit, at first I was scared to touch it, now I have no qualms about taking it off and putting it back on if I need to.
Old 04-04-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Poopies
Nice! Any advice for the install?
Just take your time, triple check your timing marks when finished and have a shop or repair manual handy for specs.

Follow the timing belt DIY and you should be in good shape.

When you remove the valve train, leave the bolts in place so it doesn't start to walk itself apart. Put it on a towel on a bench and place the valve cover over it to keep everything in place and covered.

Make sure your alternator bolts are properly tightened!

This mod was well worth it, it pulls much harder in the higher rpms and feels peppier all around. Going to switch back to my old 4-1 header w/cat soon to see if the added back pressure helps out any. Currently running a DC 4-2-1 and not really enjoying the raspiness and intermittent O2/AF sensor cel's.