Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

AEM is releasing this soon, and it seems promising for sure. I spoke to my contacts and got the 1st production unit (serial number 000001) being to sent to me for some testing. So, I will be testing this out on the D17 and 2AZFE to see how well it works. I will snap pics on Mon when it arrives here. For the meantime, here are pics from AEM's site:

Fuel & Ignition Controller

AEM’s F/IC is a PC-programmable piggy-back controller that allows users to retard timing and add fuel to virtually any engine, even on variable cam timing engines (VTEC, iVTEC, VVTi, MiVEC, etc.). The F/IC is the perfect solution for eliminating outdated FMUs and “boost hiding” electronics and is ideal for newer cars with knock detection that have non-factory forced induction systems.

The F/IC uses a vehicle’s factory base map to create calibrations via a powered USB connection to a PC, so drivability and cold start are not affected. Since the F/IC modifies the factory timing patterns it is not necessary to know them in advance. The F/IC can also recalibrate sensors so users can add a MAP sensor for boost without affecting the signal to the ECU.

Since the F/IC is a trim device it will not cause the factory ECU to throw a “check engine” light because it allows the user to intercept and modify the cam and crank inputs. Additional injector drivers allow users to control up to six additional injectors for high-horsepower vehicles. And it works on variable cam timing engines.

Works with latest OBD-2 vehicles including variable valve control
Variable Valve timing controller based on Engine RPM and Load
Six (6) injector inputs with simulated injector load used when remapping OEM injectors
Six (6) fuel injector controllers for either remapping of ECU output (+200%/-100% trim) or as a stand-alone extra injector driver
Six (6) short-circuit protected high-impedance injector driver outputs (2amps ea)
USB PC interface and programmable using power from USB port (Supports field re-flashing)
Supports approximately two minutes of on-board data acquisition
Three (3) channels of timing retard
Supports MAG or HALL sensor types
On board 41PSIA (approx. 25PSI boost) manifold pressure sensor
Analog in/out for remapping MAF or external MAP sensor
Visit the Electronics Forum to learn more!
Old 05-31-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

how much?

where do you plug it in at? The OBD2 port?

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 05-31-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

suscribed
Old 05-31-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

can you talk to your contacts and get me the second production unit for "testing"? . seriously though, how much will be costing?

Last edited by Rennen; 05-31-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a good step up from any other piggy backs out there. But keep in mind people, its still a PIGGY BACK.
Old 05-31-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
how much?

where do you plug it in at? The OBD2 port?
We will be making a harness for it. Works like the E-manage

Cost will be around $400
Old 05-31-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andyman97
Seems like a good step up from any other piggy backs out there. But keep in mind people, its still a PIGGY BACK.
hey whats the downsides to piggybacks? like im a complete noob in this area
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

^^^^you wont be able toget as much horepower as an stand alone. also you will not be able to have alot of function like the stand alone. ie ( a switch for high and low boost.

andyman or boiler will soon be here to tell you more
Old 06-01-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

^lack of partial throttle boost tuning is the biggest issue with piggybacks..
Old 06-01-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Wasnt this already posted a while back?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...competion.html
Old 06-01-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Wow, I've heard things in the past about this, but nothing for sure. Its about time they started getting these out to testers. Will be looking forward to your thread on how the D17 responds to it.
Old 06-01-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
hey whats the downsides to piggybacks? like im a complete noob in this area
You're taking a signal from a stock ecu and making changes to that signal. You have limited to no control over that signal. All you can do is alter it. Whereas with a standalone, you directly control the exact ignition timing and exact injector pulsewidth.
Old 06-01-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skipbarber
^lack of partial throttle boost tuning is the biggest issue with piggybacks..
Yep. With a piggyback, you still have to fight the ECU and closed loop operation. with a stand alone, you dont even have to bother with closed loop, just leave it open and let the car run the map.
Old 06-01-2007
7thgen Power Maker

We shall see. One thing this community is NOT familiar with are piggybacks that work well on closed loop, partial throttle. We are in the tC market, but that item is tC specific. So, maybe this will offer a cost effective close alternative to the EMS. I know this is a long shot, but let's see....only the testing will tell.
Old 06-01-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

cool
Old 06-01-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

alright guys thanks for the info, that cleared some stuff up for meh
Old 06-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Got the unit!!!!

We will start testing soon.
Old 06-04-2007

can this alter rev limiter dezod?

probily not because its a piggyback I assume
Old 06-04-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

oOOooh.. subscribed to see how it turns out.. i was thinking about saving up for a EMS but if this works great i may go with this
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

pics of the unit besides the aem pics?
Old 06-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

I will post some pics in a min. I need to resize them
Old 06-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Here are the pics. Note the serial number.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Brag!.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	71329   Click image for larger version

Name:	box.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	71330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Palm.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	71331   Click image for larger version

Name:	whole.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	71332  
Old 06-05-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

very compact very clean looking. would be great if it works good. im assuming u wouldnt use this for a high boost app right? could u use this on a NA... i have no clue about engine management thru piggybacks or full blown computers.. all i know is KPRO KPRO KPRO...and thats about it.
Old 06-05-2007

so if you dont know anything D17s ^

dont you think it would wise to collect as much info as possible and form your own oppinion about "whats best"

As stated many many times its all about the tune and some times has verry little to do with application...

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 06-05-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like another option, i havent done any research yet on it but i LOVE the quote below!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
I no longer hide behind beliefs, now I search for truth instead!
Old 06-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Yeah the unit seems promising, and we will see how well she does soon on the D17. We are in the process of making harnesses for the unit.
Old 06-05-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

it looks so cool lol
how are u guys testing it, on turboed, n/a or stock d17? well i guess ill find out!
gl and hurry back with results!!
Old 06-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Turbo is the true test of the item. If it holds up to turbo, it will hold up to N/A easy.
Old 06-05-2007

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Looks like another option, i havent done any research yet on it but i LOVE the quote below!
thanks
Old 06-05-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point

when is the info going to be given out

so subscribed

Quick Reply: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)