Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

DIY Mechanical O2 simulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
DIY Mechanical O2 simulator

Ive been asked about how to do this process on more than one occasion and have been happy to supply the information. Hopefully someone will add this to the FAQ on turbos to help save some members some time ......

These are NOT my photos but im unsure of who the owner is exzactly. But they do give some very good photos and i hope that they dont mind

You now need to drill out 1 of the non foulers using a 1/2" drill bit. When finished this is what it will look like.

o2 Sensor inserted in the modified non fouler

Second, unmodified non fouler now installed on modified non fouler, then threaded into the downpipe

Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
I think you already had same thread sometime back. I've used your info to built same thing.
Can say its your own ?
Old 01-02-2006
spoolin by you

Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
good post. i saw this on some ep3 forum a while back and did this same thing. works great
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
how does this work? It just picks up less emmission gasses since its further back?
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
has been working great for 8 months.
Old 01-02-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Im hoping it to get added to the FAQ i know its sorta a pre-post
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
awsome! i think i am the member that finally pushed him over the edge!
Old 01-02-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

Nahhh, you were just the more recent person to ask But if we can get a mod to add this to the FAQ it will save people time i hope

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
awsome! i think i am the member that finally pushed him over the edge!
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
You do this to the first 02 sensor right ( The one before the cat).
Old 01-02-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

The second O2 sensor NOT the first!
Originally Posted by Pedro Lopes
You do this to the first 02 sensor right ( The one before the cat).
Old 01-02-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
lol, if you did this to the first o2 sensor, youd be throwing all sorts of codes.
Old 01-02-2006
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Added for ya
Old 01-03-2006
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
so what does this do exactly or how does it work
Old 01-03-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

it restricts the amount of exhaust that gets to the second o2 sensor. This gives it a higher AFR reading. This simulates the cat doing its job when its not there

Originally Posted by v8eaterokv6
so what does this do exactly or how does it work
Old 01-03-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nick95673
how does this work? It just picks up less emmission gasses since its further back?
That is exactly how it works... (Correct me if I am wrong)

Very GOOD Post!!!! I have done the same thing with mine. I have been threw two state inspections and has lasted a year and a half. I have that Megan Racing down pipe by the way. Great job!

texascivic2k1
Old 01-03-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I bought a casper 02 sim from Hivtec a while back, he's from PR too, and it was cheap and the B!tch engine light is off
Old 01-04-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
oh be sure to get the 18mm and not the 14mm. i accedently got the wrong ones the first time.
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
This works great, put it on when i installed a megan test pipe on my g/f's car last night, no cel. Sounds killer too.
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

Kingnine is an unknown quantity at this point
This tip quite possibly saved my sanity. KUDOS!
Works great on my ebay special catless downpipe...!
Old 03-11-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
so now lets say i do this, could it potentially cause tuning issues because the ecu is reading incorrect data and adjusting a/f ratio off of it, or does the ecu only adjust a/f according to the first o2 sensor?
i think im gonna try it.
Old 03-12-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
so now lets say i do this, could it potentially cause tuning issues because the ecu is reading incorrect data and adjusting a/f ratio off of it, or does the ecu only adjust a/f according to the first o2 sensor?
i think im gonna try it.
The ecu only adjust AFR off of the first O2 sensor
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

nighthawk1903 is an unknown quantity at this point
I Have 3 02 Sensors so i use this on the 2nd one, before the cat, and the third one after the cat right????
Old 03-12-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by nighthawk1903
I Have 3 02 Sensors so i use this on the 2nd one, before the cat, and the third one after the cat right????
you have 3?? stock? either way, you want to use it on the one after the cat only.
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

nighthawk1903 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a HX with a EX header an testpipe conversion now my header has 2 02 sensors top an bottom.an my cat has one after, my stock manifold had a honeycomb like resonator on it i might get some pics if need be,an the cat had one, so i have 1 02 bypass in the testpipe check engine light (STILL ON)..... I didn't drill it out could this be why???? an what would happen if i put it on the lower 02 sensor ????????/
Old 03-15-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by nighthawk1903
I have a HX with a EX header an testpipe conversion now my header has 2 02 sensors top an bottom.an my cat has one after, my stock manifold had a honeycomb like resonator on it i might get some pics if need be,an the cat had one, so i have 1 02 bypass in the testpipe check engine light (STILL ON)..... I didn't drill it out could this be why???? an what would happen if i put it on the lower 02 sensor ????????/
Im so confused by what your saying. .......This is how it should be.

First O2 sensor in manifold closest to the cyl head

Second O2 sensor further down pipe , past cat converter( if you have one )THIS IS THE ONE THE FOULERS SHOULD BE ON AND YES IT MUST BE DRILLED OUT OR THE O2 SENSOR WOUNT FIT IN IT!
Third O2 sensor......... Unless its a wideband i have NO idea what your talking about
Old 03-16-2006

cant a shop do something while the cars being dyn0-tuned so that the cel will never come on for cat codes?
Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
What are they going to do? Only way to remove a CEL is to fix the problem or trick it into thinking you fixed the problem which this does. You could go with the AEM EMS which you can disable ob2 completely.

I would like to do this mod myself but I'm limited to space where my downpipe is. Anybody got an idea on how I could make an angled part fit with the same purpose?
Old 03-16-2006

f#ck the ems!
i dunno i just heard from a friend that they can do this.
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

Kingnine is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i did this. i drilled it out right and everything, but i can't make it thru a tank of gas now without a cel. i went to autozone... code was p139 slow response...? HELP.
Old 04-03-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok, here is a q for ya, if i get a high flow cat, will i still need to do this?

Quick Reply: DIY Mechanical O2 simulator