Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Wide Band o2 Sensor Location

Old 03-05-2005
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
Wide Band o2 Sensor Location

Just a question that came to my mind, where are u suposed to put that plug that comes with the wideband sensor? are we suposed to cut a new hole in the piping for it? or do we replace it with one of the 2 that are already there?

Also quick question, for the turbo people, when u first start your car, and the engine is cold, how long do u wait till u drive. Would u ever just start the car and drive it cold and just make sure u dunt hit boost till engine warms up? cus id figure the engine heat would make the oil hotter... thinner.. easier to flow to the turbo.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Good question. Hopefully madwheel will read this and answer it for us.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Weld the O2 sensor bung on the downpipe and before the cat.
Old 03-05-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pedro Lopes
Weld the O2 sensor bung on the downpipe and before the cat.
i think some Wide bands will also suppost the ECU signal, ive also asked this quetion in anotehr post about the Zeitronix wideband wondering if its capable of supporting the ECU signal. Anyone know ?
Old 03-05-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
i think some Wide bands will also suppost the ECU signal, ive also asked this quetion in anotehr post about the Zeitronix wideband wondering if its capable of supporting the ECU signal. Anyone know ?
The wideband is the actual sensor itself. The wideband sensor is either a 5 or a 6 wire sensor (depending on which one you get). The Innovate! LM1 uses a bosch sensor. This sensor is a lot different than the stock 4 wire o2 sensor. It has a second chamber that can pinpoint the exact a/f ratio, whereas the stock sensor can only guess within a certain range (about 14.0 to 15.0 range).

Install the sensor into the downpipe before the catalytic convertor. This is the only place it will get an accurate reading without installing it into the manifold itself.
Old 03-06-2005
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know about the zeitronix but the LM1 can simulate a narrowband O2 output.
Old 03-07-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
weld another O2 bung in and install the Wideband sensor AS CLOSE to the turbo as possible on the downpipe after the exhaust flange.
Old 03-07-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
he Zeitronix supplys the ECU a stock narrowband signal