Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

M A P/B A R O Circuit High Input????

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
M A P/B A R O Circuit High Input????

I got the hose connection installed step-by-step through Shawn's diagrambut I have a new problem

Scanner....
M A P/B A R O Circuit High Input???? <<<< watafak is that? I bought me a scanner and that's what the scanner sayin...

my boost gauge works now but it is on 15PSI VAC!!! and I can't pass 3K RPM the engine is stalling... and when my BOV realeases air then my boost gauge goes back to 0... then back down to 15PSI VAC again

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLP PLEASE

it sucks being a boost noob

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 09-04-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2004
Balut Eating Champ

help???
Old 09-04-2004
Balut Eating Champ

help??? please....
Old 09-04-2004
Balut Eating Champ

help please....
Old 09-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
IAT sensor
Old 09-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
IAT sensor
we have a winnnnnnnner!!!!!
Old 09-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i relocated mine to an un pressurized location, like in the intake tube like 4 inches from the air filter
Old 09-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

missing link....do u have one
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

HTOWNBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
get a missing link. 15 VAC at idle? it should be at 20 at idle. you may have a vac. leak. check all your vac. hoses for leaks
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Dapper can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by HTOWNBOY
get a missing link. 15 VAC at idle? it should be at 20 at idle. you may have a vac. leak. check all your vac. hoses for leaks

my thoughts too...

actually.. You HAVE TO have a leak. lmao. otherwise u got major problems.
the car sits at 20 VAC at idle.. 0 when barely touching the gas (for me ne way) and i get full boost at about 35% throttle.
Old 09-05-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Originally Posted by Dapper
my thoughts too...

actually.. You HAVE TO have a leak. lmao. otherwise u got major problems.
the car sits at 20 VAC at idle.. 0 when barely touching the gas (for me ne way) and i get full boost at about 35% throttle.
yeah I got 15-20vac on Idle, my car's about to die, matter of fact it did die out when I was makin a turn but when I press the gas it stay below 0 it goes up a bit and back down to 15 again but when I press the gas to where it's makin boost it seems norman... just the lower RPM that my car runs like ****...

yes I do have a ML004 for 2001 Civic... so for now I just put back the vacuum line to the OE specs and so my gauge is not workin again... maybe I should put the boost gauge tapped on the intake to sense some boost...

PS... what is IAT sensor and what does it do?

thanks for the input guys! i really do appreciate it....

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 09-05-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pnoyster2k1cvic
yeah I got 15-20vac on Idle, my car's about to die, matter of fact it did die out when I was makin a turn but when I press the gas it stay below 0 it goes up a bit and back down to 15 again but when I press the gas to where it's makin boost it seems norman... just the lower RPM that my car runs like ****...

yes I do have a ML004 for 2001 Civic... so for now I just put back the vacuum line to the OE specs and so my gauge is not workin again... maybe I should put the boost gauge tapped on the intake to sense some boost...

thanks for the input guys! i really do appreciate it....
What FMU or EMU are you running?
Old 09-05-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Intake Air Temperature.

It is the sensor that inserts into your charge pipe right above you TB. Chances are......you don't have this installed.

It senses the temperature of the air entering the TB and adjust for the correct amount of fuel.

If the air temp is hotter than normal this means that the air is less dense and has less oxygen, therefore you will need less fuel.

If the air is colder, the air is denser and has more oxygen and will need more fuel.

Gotta love OBD II cars
Old 09-05-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Intake Air Temperature.

It is the sensor that inserts into your charge pipe right above you TB. Chances are......you don't have this installed.

It senses the temperature of the air entering the TB and adjust for the correct amount of fuel.

If the air temp is hotter than normal this means that the air is less dense and has less oxygen, therefore you will need less fuel.

If the air is colder, the air is denser and has more oxygen and will need more fuel.

Gotta love OBD II cars
where can I get this so I can install em... and can you post a picture so i know how it looks and where to install teh AIT thanks!
Old 09-05-2004
Premium Member

where can I get this so I can install em... and can you post a picture so i know how it looks and where to install teh AIT thanks!

it already is installed from the factory.

You have a SF kit right?

SF doesn't drill a hole for you to install it in the pipe. Therefore, most of us just tie it off.
Old 09-05-2004
Premium Member

here, it is located where your Map sensor is.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IAT sensor.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	37437  
Old 09-06-2004
Balut Eating Champ

^^^does it tap into something? my SF kit came from RSCIVIC...

where can I get this if I don't have it yet? I appreciate your help civic01vtec any sites can I buy this off? or any pictures online that you guys know about?

thanks again you guys!!! :beer:
Old 09-06-2004
Premium Member

^^^does it tap into something? my SF kit came from RSCIVIC...

where can I get this if I don't have it yet? I appreciate your help civic01vtec any sites can I buy this off? or any pictures online that you guys know about?

thanks again you guys!!! :beer:

Ok, the IAT sensor Does Not come with the SF kit. It is stock and is located in your stock air box or if you had a CAI/SRI it is located in the pipe with a rubber grommet. In order to install the turbo kit, you had to have removed the IAT sensor. Go look at your stock map sensor. There is a couple wires coming off of it. Look for the one hanging around. It has a harness with a sensor plugged into it. The sensor is a skinny black thing....about 1 inch long.

I wish i had a camera to take a pic.........anybody else have one ???
Old 09-07-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Your VAFC settings can be causing the input voltage to be too high.

The V-AFC/S-AFC & E-Manage all alter the map sensor voltage to compensate for fuel delivery. Clear the codes, set all of your settings on the V-AFC back to zero or stock, and drive a day or two in VAC WITHOUT BOOSTING to see if this is the cause. I think 9/10 chances it will be. This is a very common error in our ECU with these types of devices. We have researched this extensively through data logging and map traces on the E-Manage.

Just as an FYI, VAC is measured in Inches or CM of Mercury (Hg). Please make a note of it.

"my BOV realeases air then my boost gauge goes back to 0... "
^^This is supposed to happen when the BOV works properly in a system. You rebuild the boost every time. When your not in boost, your car is VAC.
Old 09-07-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Ok, the IAT sensor Does Not come with the SF kit. It is stock and is located in your stock air box or if you had a CAI/SRI it is located in the pipe with a rubber grommet. In order to install the turbo kit, you had to have removed the IAT sensor. Go look at your stock map sensor. There is a couple wires coming off of it. Look for the one hanging around. It has a harness with a sensor plugged into it. The sensor is a skinny black thing....about 1 inch long.

I wish i had a camera to take a pic.........anybody else have one ???
ok now i know exactly what you talkin about... so I have to unplug this and just tie it around on something? this should fix it right?
Old 09-07-2004
Premium Member

ok now i know exactly what you talkin about... so I have to unplug this and just tie it around on something? this should fix it right?

no, it is supposed to be installed into your charge pipe. Mine is tied off and i have a cel.

I am gonna install it very soon.

Also, listen to what dezod said above.
Old 09-07-2004
Balut Eating Champ

no, it is supposed to be installed into your charge pipe. Mine is tied off and i have a cel.

I am gonna install it very soon.

Also, listen to what dezod said above.

Ok, the AIT is installed in the charge pipe since day 1, but I will definitely do reset THE VAFCII back to 0 today... matter of fact, before I go home from work, I will reset everything back to 0 then drive off, maybe it will calibrate and would work fine, i will connect my vacuum line again by tonight and see if that would solve that problem... I will let you guys know...

thanks for all you guys help!

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 09-07-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Ok, the AIT is installed in the charge pipe since day 1, but I will definitely do reset THE VAFCII back to 0 today... matter of fact, before I go home from work, I will reset everything back to 0 then drive off, maybe it will calibrate and would work fine, i will connect my vacuum line again by tonight and see if that would solve that problem... I will let you guys know...

thanks for all you guys help!
REMEMBER NOT TO BOOST! YOU'LL RUN SUPER LEAN W/ NO FUEL
Old 09-07-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Originally Posted by dezod
REMEMBER NOT TO BOOST! YOU'LL RUN SUPER LEAN W/ NO FUEL
well right now i'm runnin about 1-2PSI of boost i guess but the manuall boost controller is at locked to -boost... and it's actually doing fine... if my VAFC2 on 0 then it's pretty much going to run crappy anyway right?

what I'm tryin to do is run it at 0-1 PSI and connect the vacuum line and not having a choking engine sort, like i'm getting when my vacuum line's connected....

but ok, tonight I will connect the lines and see how it goes from there, I have my internet at the house now and i will update you guys how it goes by tonight... this is very stressful...