Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

"frankenstein"

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004
Pro Skater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
"frankenstein"

alrite i wanna kno, is a frankenstein (sp?) engine a fully built gsr motor? ive heard it a lot around but nvr really payed attention but i kinda put things together. If not what is it. I raced a hatchy today with gsr that runs 13's and he has a fully built gsr so that y im curious now. he also said his rota slipstreams are sick rims to have on that car. Thanx for the info
Old 03-11-2004
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Frankenstein means anything put together from several different setups. For example...LS/VTEC motors used to be called frankensteins....same thing w/ B20/VTEC motors.

Just think of the actual character "Frankenstein" in Mary Shelly's novel...he was put together with parts from different sources.
Old 03-12-2004
Registered!!

d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SpdRcrChk
Frankenstein means anything put together from several different setups. For example...LS/VTEC motors used to be called frankensteins....same thing w/ B20/VTEC motors.

Just think of the actual character "Frankenstein" in Mary Shelly's novel...he was put together with parts from different sources.
ls/vtec motors are still called frankensteins. but i dont think b20vtec isnt called that. and then theres mini me swaps etc etc.
Old 03-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
frankenstien is normally a high compression motor head on a low compression motor block. example: B18b block B18c head. great for turboing cause of the low compresion and has vtec.

The new frankenstien is the k20a3 block with a k20a2 head. Or a k24 block with a k20a2 head.
Old 03-12-2004
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
alrite cool so then its basically jus mixed parts like spdrcrchk said. thanx for the info i always just thought it was a fully built ls/vtec motor. I still wonder if my friends hatcy has mixed parts gotta ask him. this thing was fast!!!
Old 03-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
It is a ls/vtec motor. The b18b is the LS motor (block) and the 18c is the VTEC (head) from a GSR/Type R
Old 03-12-2004
Registered!!

blue_dlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Frankenstein motor is the shiznit. I had a 93 prelude with a 2.3 liter block with H22 vtec head. It takes off kinda slow but daymm it's monster after it starts moving. I've heard a lot of horror stories with the LS/VTEC. Like leaking oil, engine blowing up, but i think it's because these people who built it didn't really know how to do it correctly. I parked my lude in a garage and there were no oils leaking or condensing under the engine. I alway red line that sucka until the engine gets cut off <-- my first really fast car when i was a kid. That car never lets me down. It was me who decided to sell it and move on. Daymm i miss that lude.
Old 03-12-2004
Banned

RacerSlashRicer is an unknown quantity at this point
i technically have ls vtec with my "gsr" profile ls cams in a b18b. this setup killed a mustang today. all of it is in an 88 crx