New Street Racing Law in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
New Street Racing Law in Chicago

OK this is really dumb on the part of the City of Chicago. If the police break up a street race and you are in the same area and you car looks like a possible street racer, your car can get impounded until it is determined if you were participating. Now you ask, what does a street racer look like? Well this is up to the officer on patrol to determine if a car looks like a street racer or not (what genius came up with this). Not only that, cops are being told to crack down on sound systems in cars, if your car can be heard from approx. 50 feet you car will be impounded. Again it is up to the officer to estimate 50 feet. Both viloation bring a fine of between $500 and $1500 and the street racing offense can land you 30days in jail. I saw this on the news last night and called a police officer I am friends with. He said it is true and they are being pushed to crack down on these "deviant youths"(those were his words). Just thought I would give everyone a heads up because this law went into effect on September 1, 2003
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

SupaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo, 30 dayz in JAIL??? haah man that sux assss!!! Thaankx for the info, dammit now i have to be careful! I'm gonna look into this, would they really lock you up for this?! WOW!
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

misio4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeap heard about it today too. It sucks. I heard that if you do race and they catch you you can say good bye to your car cuz it will be sent to an auction. I don't know how much truth is in that but that law TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!
Old 09-09-2003
Registered!!

Huh_Oh Sh*t! is an unknown quantity at this point
good lookin out!!!
Old 09-11-2003
I'm bigger than you.

DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
GOOD, i'm happy that was made a law.

My cousin was just going through an intersection in his mom's S2000 on the south side of chicago and some godamn riceboy blindsided him in 4th gear, i feel no sympathy for street racers and the crowd they attract.

If you wanna race, go to the track.

btw the kid is fine, the S2000 is totalled.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
First I am glad nobody was hurt. But even if you are not watching or involved you can still be stopped if the cop thinks you may look like a street racer.
Old 09-14-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Good thing I don't have any exterior mods.
Old 10-11-2003
Registered!!

VTECnique is an unknown quantity at this point
gayy... looks like division st. is off limits for now... now i gotta find something more productive, like going to strip clubs.
Old 10-11-2003
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
street racer hahaha Cops