turbo advice 94 civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shythesavage94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking turbo advice 94 civic

Hey there, just wanted some opinions on turbo kits for my car. Any advice or recommendations please?(: for a 94 honda civic dx
Old 11-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurkeyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: turbo advice 94 civic

Hi , i also have a 94 dx

Im also going to turbo mine , the kits i have found so far range in price . What is your price range?

Obviously the cheapest way is Ebay kits which are usually hit or miss , some of my friends had success with them and some just threw their money in the thrash.. If you dont wanna take chances the cheapest kit i have found that is dependable would be Go-Autowerks stage 1 .. since i dont know which engine you have in your car you can find your kit at ( http://www.turbokits.com ) . This kit should be good to about 250whp on d series and 300 whp on B series which is around the limit of the stock motors with a very good tuner .. ( ! ) Tune is the most important thing on a modified car , let a alone a boosted one. Oh and a friendly warning , dont get yourself in this mess unless you can spend a few grand because things will most likely start to break. If you have the stock motor ( D15b7 ) i suggest you look into a swap rather than boost. It will be way easier , wont cause you reliability issues and won't empty out your pockets.

Now none of the kits you buy will come with everything you need , you will also need fuel ( injectors , pump ) ignition ( spark plugs - 1 step to 2 step colder , and probably a new set of aftermarket wires ) you will need a new clutch , either resurface flywheel or a new one , i would go ahead and change all fluids ( transmission . engine , coolant , brake ) . I would also invest in some quality gauges to monitor everything .

Im new to this forum but been working with hondas for over 5 years and other turbo cars before. Let me know how it goes , Cheers!

Last edited by TurkeyMan; 11-05-2014 at 01:53 AM.