Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

New to autox need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheRedDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
New to autox need advice

Hey guys, new member to forum looking for some advice. I have a 96 honda civic completely stock no mods....yet. im looking to replace motor and trans (over 200k) power adder like a turbo, suspension, etc. I dont need top of the line again im just looking for fun, and drive ability kinda best of both worlds. Vendor info would be greatly appreciated and any other info. Im lost when it comes to imports but willing to learn, i have engine knowledge, ive built a handfull of motors in the past from a flat 4 vw to v8 never a honda 4 cyl. Im terrible with wirring so a more plug and play approach would be best. Thank you for your help and advice in advance.
Old 02-21-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: New to autox need advice

currently, our vendor directory is empty... Otherwise, I would recommend someone from there.
our old vendor was more for 7th gen civics, so you are left with the usual skunk2, thmotorsports
Old 02-21-2017
Registered!!

Thank you for the recommendation, ill hit him up, also looking for advice on upgrades nothing to crazy, but i was planning on keeping the original engine (bored out, balanced and blueprinted, cam, etc), probably turbo it. Suspension im lost at what to do there, and any other upgrades i can do to make it better for auto cross
Old 02-21-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

For turbo, the biggest engine killer are cheap fuel management systems.
Old 02-21-2017
Registered!!

Thxs again ill keep that in mind aswell.