Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

laid to rest-b20v arguments

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z-Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
laid to rest-b20v arguments

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of people taking me back and forth with"go with the b16 turbo cause the b20 can't handle boost" or "b18 cause the b20 can't handle high rev so it's inefficient for track"and all that BS... you don't need boost nor do you have to settle for strictly low end performance. The answer is simple, so you have your b20 block right...which is nothing more than a bored out b18... so weight isn't an issue, you replace the stock pistons with high comp to solve that low compression problem, you stick a girdle on the bottom and install h beam rods, arp rod bolts and head studs so your bottom end is nice and stable. Bottom end complete, maybe a bladed crank and a baffled oil pan for good measure. Now the head, I've heard the b18c7 flowed the best for na set UPS...but that's just what I've heard...ALOT. Simply install some, oh idk, stage 3 bisimoto cams, springs, and retainers, ecu tune and very smooth timing and ... voila... K killer that has a strong, reliable platform... Now was that so hard? Why didn't you guys figure this out before...problem solved?
Old 12-17-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: laid to rest-b20v arguments

huh? pics or it did not happen