Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Civic Vs. Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
Civic Vs. Scion tC

Well me and a couple of friends got together... and we all raced eachother.. here were my results

BY THE WAY
2 door EX
Catback Exhaust
Revo Short Shifter

I LOST TO:
Integra GSR

I WON TO:
Scion tC ( we stayed the same from 1 and 2nd gear.. then i pulled off)
1993 Prelude (H23a.. took it the whole way)
Accord (I4 1994 manual)
Colora Type S
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
automatic tC?
Old 10-24-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Rsxtc
automatic tC?
TC ways around 3000 pounds
good kill
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

not quite. They're 2900lbs (manual). My bro is getting one, so i had the oppurtunity to have a go at a test drive. Needless to say... 2.4l DOHC... 160hp @5700rpm...163lbs tq@4000rpm... closely geared transmission... it will, without a doubt smoke your civics.
Old 10-24-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
not quite. They're 2900lbs (manual). My bro is getting one, so i had the oppurtunity to have a go at a test drive. Needless to say... 2.4l DOHC... 160hp @5700rpm...163lbs tq@4000rpm... closely geared transmission... it will, without a doubt smoke your civics.
your?
I got a vette ..
you can do anything you like it will never come close...
Old 10-24-2004
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe, are you sure the lude was racin u?
Old 10-24-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
hmm.... unless you raced an auto tC or the driver couldnt shift fast... hmmm........ just find it a bit odd, good job on the kills though...
Old 10-24-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
hmm, shitty drivers IMO
Old 10-24-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
h23 is dohc non-vtec with 150 hp ... I guess not -too- hard to believe ...
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
your?
I got a vette ..
first off, i believe you meant to say: "You're?"
secondly, there was no mention of vettes whatsoever in this thread.
what was the point of your post?
Old 10-25-2004

yes it was an auto tC.. he wanted 2 car head start at 20 mph role.. we did that.. we stayed the saem from 1-2 gear.. and then 3rd gear.. i passed
Old 10-25-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
lol. started from a roll was your biggest atvantage.

a manual tC runs a faster 1/4 & 60 foot time than a Si according to car and driver.
Old 10-25-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
auto is almost 3000lb that is a bit on the chunky side. that 160hp is from the crank so 400+lbs figure a 30hp difference (+3 for the exhaust) manual vs an auto I say this is very possible. Good kill!!!!!
and rsxtc why don't you join the scion forum, by the way 2.4 litters of displacement and only 163lbs of torque NOT TO IMPRESSIVE
Old 10-25-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
your?
I got a vette ..
wait a sec......what's this dark burning feeling down in the pit of my stomach?...........OH! It's jealousy!!!!! ARGH YOU!!!!
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bgoetz
auto is almost 3000lb that is a bit on the chunky side. that 160hp is from the crank so 400+lbs figure a 30hp difference (+3 for the exhaust) manual vs an auto I say this is very possible. Good kill!!!!!
and rsxtc why don't you join the scion forum, by the way 2.4 litters of displacement and only 163lbs of torque NOT TO IMPRESSIVE
Good kill? Hardly. Auto tCs are slugs...even more so from a roll. They run mid-high 16s in the 1/4 mile.

"Only 163lbs of tq?" Find me another naturally aspirated 2.4l 4cylinder engine which makes more/comparable tq, then talk. The only one i can think of is the K24 found in the TSX which makes 166lbs tq. Try not to forget that the tC makes about 50lbs more tq than an EX civic.

"Join a tC forum?". I am a member of one. Just putting you in your place.
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Good kill? Hardly. Auto tCs are slugs...even more so from a roll. They run mid-high 16s in the 1/4 mile.

"Only 163lbs of tq?" Find me another naturally aspirated 2.4l 4cylinder engine which makes more/comparable tq, then talk. The only one i can think of is the K24 found in the TSX which makes 166lbs tq. Try not to forget that the tC makes about 50lbs more tq than an EX civic.

dood, your annoying! tthe guy is just sharing his kill with the forum, it doesn't really matter how he won, he still won! seriously if you're in a TC forum then stay in there becuz you're here trying to defend the TC and there is no dam point to it. dam reading ur post just got me annoyed. get out of here
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
p.s. JUST PUTTING U IN YOUR PLACE
Old 10-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Just goes to show how slow an auto is. And why are those cars so heavy wow.
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
dood, your annoying! tthe guy is just sharing his kill with the forum, it doesn't really matter how he won, he still won! seriously if you're in a TC forum then stay in there becuz you're here trying to defend the TC and there is no dam point to it. dam reading ur post just got me annoyed. get out of here
haha...touchy touchy. Wow...he shared his kill story of an automatic tC. And i'm supposed to give him "mad props" for that?

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
it doesn't really matter how he won, he still won!
what you said right there sounds amazingly similar to Vin diesel's infamous "It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning". Do everyone a favor and keep the ricer mentality to yourself.

How exactly am I in the wrong for defending the tC against remarks like: "It has ONLY 163lbs torque". That's a decent number for a n/a 2.4l engine.
Old 10-26-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
I live my life one 1/4 mile at a time.
Old 10-26-2004

alot of people on this forum are really sensitive...
Old 10-26-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough

My auto civic would surely hurt your feelings. a tC isnt the quickest thing under the sun. Neither is my car, but without a doubt you'd be seeing my tail lights. Just putting you in your place.
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gotti
My auto civic would surely hurt your feelings. a tC isnt the quickest thing under the sun. Neither is my car, but without a doubt you'd be seeing my tail lights. Just putting you in your place.
"Without a doubt, i'll be seeing your taillights?". Haha...do you even know what car I have? A boosted automatic tC will be faster than your civic.
Did anyone ever say anything about the tC being the "quickest thing under the sun"? Stock for stock, mod for mod, it sure is quicker than the 7thgen civic anyway.

Woop dee doo... you have a boosted automatic civic. I fail to see how your boosted 1.7l SOHC coupled with an AUTOMATIC tranny is impressive by any means. As far as i'm concerned, your ride is probably placed in the lower portion of the food chain of cars running boost.
Old 10-26-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Damm, /\/\ owned
Old 10-26-2004
Banned

I am not going to engage in a flame war with an idiot. By the way how much hp does the tsx make with a 2.4 naturally aspirated?? Why can't your ever so great scion make the same or even close??? stay in your tc forum that is were you belong. I have said all that I am going to say.
And again good kill the fact that people doubt it only makes it better
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

I am not going to engage in a flame war with an idiot. By the way how much hp does the tsx make with a 2.4 naturally aspirated?? Why can't your ever so great scion make the same or even close??? stay in your tc forum that is were you belong. I have said all that I am going to say.
And again good kill the fact that people doubt it only makes it better
Well, one of the reasons is due to the fact that the k24 runs a higher compression. I have no problem with the fact that the K24 is a better designed engine compared to the tC's engine. As far as i can recall, this thread was about the tC in comparison to the civic (not the $10,000 more tsx).

Earlier, you said that the 163lbs tq that the tC puts out is NOT impressive. I shut you up with FACTS. Funny how you don't have anything to say to that, huh? If you want to debate, please bring facts to the table, because if you don't, you'll just end up looking like a dumbass.

I find it hilarious how you're telling me to stay in a tC forum, when I've joined this site a year and a half before your first post.
Old 10-26-2004
Banned

Well, one of the reasons is due to the fact that the k24 runs a higher compression. I have no problem with the fact that the K24 is a better designed engine compared to the tC's engine. As far as i can recall, this thread was about the tC in comparison to the civic (not the $10,000 more tsx).

Earlier, you said that the 163lbs tq that the tC puts out is NOT impressive. I shut you up with FACTS. Funny how you don't have anything to say to that, huh? If you want to debate, please bring facts to the table, because if you don't, you'll just end up looking like a dumbass.

I find it hilarious how you're telling me to stay in a tC forum, when I've joined this site a year and a half before your first post.
Yeah, and I bet you have been an ******* over since. There are two types of people that know alot about the hondas on this site. a.) are those that enjoy sharing their knowlege to help others b.) those that take their knowlege and try to make others look stupid so they can get their rocks off because f#@king their mom every night just isn't doing it.

anyone can look at all of the posts that you have made over the past year and a half and see that your mom must not be cutting it. I personally think she is great (and have) that is why I am person a
Old 10-26-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
GUYS, GUYS........ arguing.... he he he he.. calm down, adrenalin's too high... he he he he.
Old 10-26-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
i gota pair of gloves... just in case.
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

Yeah, and I bet you have been an ******* over since. There are two types of people that know alot about the hondas on this site. a.) are those that enjoy sharing their knowlege to help others b.) those that take their knowlege and try to make others look stupid so they can get their rocks off because f#@king their mom every night just isn't doing it.

anyone can look at all of the posts that you have made over the past year and a half and see that your mom must not be cutting it. I personally think she is great (and have) that is why I am person a
Hahaha... wow, the maturity level of some of the members on this site amazes me. It looks like:
1.) you've got nothing else to add to the argument
2.) you would hate to admit it, but you've been shut up TWICE now with simple technical facts

Hence resorting to insults on a personal level. I don't know about you, but "I did your mom" insults (over the internet) is getting old. As much as I am tempted to, i'm not gonna stoop down to your level with childish insults. Why don't you shut up now and go play in your sandbox?

Quick Reply: Civic Vs. Scion tC