Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Beat an Si last night!!!! Boo-Yah!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Beat an Si last night!!!! Boo-Yah!

Last night going to a bon fire I was on a long deserted street next to my freind with an Si. I had three people in my car and he had the same. We hit a red light and he kept on eggin' me on saying "let's race let's race let's race!" what the hell would i want to race an Si for? he's stock, I'm stock, SOHC Vtec, DOHC I-Vtec, 127hp vs. 160, why do I want to lose. But he talked me into it so both of us starting barking our Hondas, and when I saw the other light turn yellow, I revved it up to my sweet spot and held it there, then I launched it at the green. That Si didn't have a chance from the start, I bet he popped his clutch at a high rpm because he was burning out while I was a car length ahead of him. I thought he was going to catch me so I just redlined, powershifted into 2nd, and kept flooring it, and he fell further and further behind . What happened last night was not so much about an Ex beating an Si, its about knowing how to use your car effectively, and that kid did not know what he was doing. But then again, my cousin who just got his new D17A1 (Dx and Lx motor) got Integra Type R pistons on it, and he cut his AEM CAI into a SRI, and he has an exhaust, he raced an Si with an Injen Cold Air and it was a dead tie. Then again it might have been the driver. I'm not knockin' the si, but maybe the Si isn't all that it is said to be.
Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

cefird21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet man, nice going, keep giving it to them! Boo yaaa
Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

C1v1C-Rtype is an unknown quantity at this point
i oiwn a 02 Si and there is no way an ex would beat it all it takes is a intermediate driver and even if you werealone and i had 3 people i would still pull after first gear sorry man you friend should not be allowed to race his Si unless he knows how to
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
don't deny it civic rtype ... the newer si's are not unbeatable by an ex ... and the guy was probably a bad driver ...

and please don't start a flame war ... you or anybody else because this topic has been beaten down, ok?

good kill, bro
Old 09-07-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
good kill. Damn I'm happy....!
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Look, I made this post not to start a fight, just letting you konw what happened. No car is unbeatable, nor a person is unbeatable. Yes, maybe their was a huge difference in the 6th gen Si and the other Civics, but now things are different. New Hondas have more low and high end torque, more horsepower, and power comes a whole lot earlier, not just at the the Vtec kick, and they may not be as light, but for some other reasons they are faster than previous ones. Their isn't a huge gap in speed anymore like their use to be between the 6th gen civic Ex and the Si. I know the Si is faster than all over 7th gen civics, but I beat one last night, he was stock and I was stock. Maybe he was a bad driver, but I can't really say that I am a good one either, but how many excuses can you come up with??? "If I had three people I would still pull" The Si weighs 200+ more pounds than an Ex and the average man probally weighs about 160. And trust me, 33 hp and I-Vtec aren't gonna make up for 389 pounds.
Old 09-07-2003
Stage7

kTxCiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree about the 389 pounds and 33hp deal. It just wont work.
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

all ex's can suck my nuts ephatch dot com bit**es
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
sorry, you have no life. next post
Old 09-07-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Ok first off let me clear somethings up. I have owned both cars and I can tell you that the SI is fast, but not that fast. How many miles did he have on his SI? Because, until they break in all the way they are not that fast. And it takes a while for them to break in.

Second off, C1v1C-Rtype- there is no reason for to run your mouth. The SI has 33hp more that the EX but also weighs a little over 200 lbs more. And with having 3 people in they're cars doesn't help out. For all we know the people in the SI could have been fatter people and added more weight. Oh and the K20A3 in the SI does not have true DOHC VTEC, so it not to much stronger that the D17A2.

my cousin who just got his new D17A1 (Dx and Lx motor) got Integra Type R pistons on it
I'm sorry, but this is the biggest line of bullsh*t I've ever heard. Since when did B-series and D-series parts become compatible? The integra type R pistons are bigger than our EX pistons. So he would have had to bore out the block some, get custom rod to hook up, and who know what else. I'm guessing your cousin is friends with Black99Vtec? lease:

Last edited by Jodster; 09-07-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-07-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by C1v1C-Rtype
all ex's can suck my nuts ephatch dot com bit**es
ephatch.com b*tches? Do you even know what site you are on?

I've been a member of ephatch.com for a while and I'm suprise they let fu(k nuts like you on there. Take your ego and attitude to clubsi.com
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

All this sh*t talkin' would have never started if C1v1C-Rtype- would just accept that the Si is beatable just like any other car out there. I'm not gonna talk about that Sh**t Si like you talk about other civics, but the only reason why I didn't get that minature Honda Oddysey is because it looks like an egg on wheels, and I would have more pride if fixing up a SOHC Vtec.
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Yeah Jodster I think your right, he blew his engine in Houston and he said he got another Dx engine, but the Dealership down there gave him Type R Pistons (2002) and a Honda Stage 3 Clutch. Don't Ask... LOL
I can still burn him when we race
Old 09-07-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I beat Si's every time I race........... Of course I dont race in straight lines...
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

What kinda civic is it? what do you got in it Zzyzx? Mine is stock by the way.
Old 09-07-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm.... Just a little 01 EX thats preped for Autocross (STS).

not much to talk about, H&R springs, RSX rear Anti-roll bar, basic bolt on engine parts (Whats legal for my class). some Light wheels, sticky tires.

See, autocross takes driver skill over what car you drive....
So in what ever class you run in, if you are the better driver, You'll more then likly win....
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Damn, that sounds crazy, good luck with the autocross. Sounds like some Grand Turismo 3 stuff LOL
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
I have raced a Mustang GT 2000 in my EX and won. Everyone thought he would beat down on me too. But if you dont know how to drive stick, you will seriously get beat down. Iv seen people run 2001 Mustang GTs up in the high 16 range because they slowly burn across their first 60'. Its all about the launch, not so much when you have more power though.

Originally posted by C1v1C-Rtype
i oiwn a 02 Si and there is no way an ex would beat it all it takes is a intermediate driver and even if you werealone and i had 3 people i would still pull after first gear sorry man you friend should not be allowed to race his Si unless he knows how to
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

closer gear ratios? 33 more hp? not a true DOHC what are you smoking i never said my car was unbeatable but by a ex it takes a terrible driver to lose to a ex plain and simple the Si is faster quicker shifts cause of ratio more hp so if a ex has 3 people and less hp its gonna go even slower is nt that just common sense? Type R pistons in a Dx can anyone besides me smell bullsh**
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

talk english, mother****er
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

learn how to read english Muth* fugga
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

write english, mother****er

dude just shut the **** up

k thx
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

jus cause your azn dont mean you cant learn how to read english bit** jus stop diggin yourself into a hole and suck on your momma tit
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

uhh, I'm 3rd gen asian, born in cali

k thx

I'm sorry your Si sucks ***, you don't have to come to this forum to brag about your misfortune. You should really try a Kia or an Elantra forum
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

how about i dont care when gen you are i hate kia and saturns lol i been to North cal it aint as rough as it is in Miami fool dnt trip on my car until you know what i run. but i aint givin trash like you the satisfaction
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

uh, your car is ****in stock dude you stupid newb. let's see, you've got 3 posts on ephatch.com and you're wondering if your car will beat a 2000 eclipse gs?

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=18857 there's your newb thread. now get your *** back to the streets, homo
Old 09-07-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

here's another awesome thread that shows your gay newbieness

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=18851

some quotes:

name of the thread: "My ep vs. Acoord V6"
now here's the name of the poll inside the thread: "How did this accord beat me... lol"
"to put in short i got schooled" - you

k thx buddy. go back to high school where you should be
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

greatcasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by aznboysrfr
here's another awesome thread that shows your gay newbieness

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=18851

some quotes:

name of the thread: "My ep vs. Acoord V6"
now here's the name of the poll inside the thread: "How did this accord beat me... lol"
"to put in short i got schooled" - you

k thx buddy. go back to high school where you should be
I'm diggin you trashin on this dude, but the "k thx" stuff makes you sound so frigging gay.

Last edited by greatcasa; 09-07-2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

estebones is an unknown quantity at this point
Somebody got owned!...haha
I own a 02si and Let me tell you, it is a bit of a disapointment especially after driving a 99-00 SI but thats just me! I bought the car becauseI have had nothing but Hondas since I started driving (thats 4 cars so far). so the reason was reliability, mpg and hell its an SI, I always wanted one.

on the Si defense:
It's more about the driver and his/her capabilities, if he/she sucks then he will loose regardless of what car they are driving.

About a civic with minor mods beating a mustang GT:
C'mon lets get real...we have 4 door economy cars, GT's are sports cars, I'm sure some one on a lightly modded civic has beat a GT but the driver of the GT must have sucked a fat one as a driver and should be slapped for being a dumb_ass
About type R pistons in a DX:
I'm not even touching this but if its true I'd like to see some pics...

blah!

--este

Last edited by estebones; 09-08-2003 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me just get straight to the point...any and every car is beatable if it is driven by some dumbass ****...and bout the 2000 Mustang GT...i raced one too...he had me all through 1st and 2nd but that thing is weak in the 3rd

Quick Reply: Beat an Si last night!!!! Boo-Yah!