Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

My Experience With ShiftStyle

Old 07-08-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
My Experience With ShiftStyle

This is a thread in relation to the current transaction between myself and the owner of shiftstyle.com. A lot of people were asking for updates so I figured I'd put them here and let everyone know how it's going.

today I dug my door panel inserts and my shift boot out of a box after moving and pulled off my armrest material to send them all down to a post office box in Arlington, Texas. I don't feel too good about the post office box but here's to hoping it works out and in the end see if we can get some good publicity for them.

Everything was shipped out today and should take 4 days to arrive. The deal was that they'd send me back new pieces in alcantara suede as well as the old pieces after they make a template for their business. All work is free except for shipping down there which I paid $26.40 for.
Old 07-08-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about
Re: My Experience With ShiftStyle

hmm.. maybe i should have done mine? arlington isn't that far a drive for me... prob 30-45mins. if anything happens lemme know and i can always go take a look see.
Old 07-09-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Cool, keep us updated, I cant wait until I get a better boot.
Old 08-03-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Got a reply from him 2 days ago saying they're going to be starting on my stuff first thing this week. Taking kind of a long time but better late than never I guess.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

cool dex, thanks for keeping us updated. I wouldn't mind doing a little something with my interior either if the work is good...
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

ShiftStyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you received your package back?
Old 08-19-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

No not yet, but you got me excited! I'll do a full detail on the car with pictures when I get it. I'll be able to put on the shift boot and arm rest right away but the door inserts will have to wait until the power window conversion.

Yay!
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

awesome! if it goes well ill probably do mine too! and since its local for me should be less of a wait
Old 08-20-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I got the package this morning but it was only the new pieces, you didn't send back my originals.

As quoted in their original thread...
Originally Posted by ShiftStyle
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had a shift boot they would be willing to lend out?
I thought the idea of lending is that you would eventually return it? What do I do now?
Old 08-21-2008
Registered!!

put the new pieces in? lol. iono i would be sorta upset too but what would you do with them? you can't use both right?
Old 08-21-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

No but I'd like to have the option to return it to stock if the next owner doesn't want red door inserts.

I can't put anything in until I find those short little staples that are used to staple the fabric under the plastic trims to hold it in place. And I don't want to post pictures for them until I find out if they're going to send the originals back to me.
Old 08-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Well here are some pictures of what I got, I'll save all comments and installed pictures until I hear back from them.

*Disclaimer - I provide no consent for any of my pictures to be used in promotional circumstances until I find out what's up with my originals.

Old 08-23-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, time for me to go bug them about my shift boot. Since they screwed up on mines originally.
Old 08-23-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

looks pretty good man..... any idea on what prices they are gonna charge
Old 08-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

The prices are already on their website, www.shiftstyle.com.
armrest = $45
shift boot = $35
Nothing about the doors.

Last edited by DeX; 08-23-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: corrected URL
Old 08-23-2008
Registered!!

RallyeRedRider has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Web site corrected: http://www.shiftstyle.com
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Thanks for posting the photos. Glad to hear you're happy with your new pieces.

We actually had to rip apart the factory items to make this pattern, but now that we have it, we can remake it exactly as stock.

Since you were very helpful in getting those parts out to us, we'd like to offer you free replacements for anything that ever goes bad (or that you happen to get a spill on or damage by accident).

Thank you again
Old 08-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by ShiftStyle
Thanks for posting the photos. Glad to hear you're happy with your new pieces.

We actually had to rip apart the factory items to make this pattern, but now that we have it, we can remake it exactly as stock.

Since you were very helpful in getting those parts out to us, we'd like to offer you free replacements for anything that ever goes bad (or that you happen to get a spill on or damage by accident).

Thank you again
Hmmmm........let me think about that, that may be perfectly okay then. However I will for sure need 1 or 2 pieces made for when I do sell the car eventually so I'll be hitting you up for those. How do I redeem said warranty?

I'll post the pictures for you once I hear back. I emailed you too last week.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Hmmmm........let me think about that, that may be perfectly okay then. However I will for sure need 1 or 2 pieces made for when I do sell the car eventually so I'll be hitting you up for those. How do I redeem said warranty?

I'll post the pictures for you once I hear back. I emailed you too last week.
Not a problem. Let us know when you need a piece made, and we'll take care of you
Old 08-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Cool, I'll email you later, thanks. And I'll vacuum my car today to take some final pictures for you. So check back tonight/tomorrow for the pictures if you want them!
Old 08-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Didn't get to it yet, sorry.
Old 08-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Looking forward to more photos.

Thanks again
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Just wanted to touch base and see if you had a chance to take some more shots.

Thanks again
Old 09-04-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Soooooo sorry, I actually logged in just to post this message. It's been terrible here in Calgary lately, like 7 degrees yesterday. Or 46 for you south of the border, and raining and ****. But today's nice and my car's a dump after carrying sod home on the carpet last week. So I'm going out for supper with friends tonight but I'm going to rush to get it cleaned outside of that and get some good pictures of it. But if I don't do it tonight, I guarantee you 100% I will have it done tomorrow. Everything else will be planned around it, thanks.
Old 09-05-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Okay so everything will be done after work today and posted tonight, even if I have to take my laptop with me when I go out! I'll even try to convince my girlfriend to model for you guys!
Old 09-06-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

As promised.......I hope you know what I interrupted to do this! I borrowed my friend's SLR to take some high resolution shots and was doing some time elapsed shots (that's why the exposure is off) before doing some shots on automatic but it started raining like **** so I didn't get to the automatic. These are full manual, shot at about 1/160 but I couldn't figure out how to change the aperture (Canon Rebel XT). So it's 5.6 on all of them and the rest are with a 1-4 second time elapse on a tripod. I can get more if you want, and you can go to www.danmaher.com for the originals, just click Pictures, go to the album you want, select your picture and select it again. It should open up full size. There's 3 pages of pictures.
I was in a rush to get in out of the rain before taking the pictures I think you would have preferred so if you have other requests or have trouble getting the originals, let me know.

Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Thanks for posting the photos.

If anyone is interested, please let us know. We have a wide range of material and colors available.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

I just got receive my new boot, I'll put it on this weekend.
Old 09-18-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Nice! I also have a few more pictures I can post tonight if I remember.
Old 09-23-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DDragon7
I just got receive my new boot, I'll put it on this weekend.
Any luck getting those photos?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: My Experience With ShiftStyle