Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

2001 Honda Civic EX Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
promisebear316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face 2001 Honda Civic EX Headlights

Hey everyone,
I don't have a lot of knowledge about cars, so I am here in hopes of getting some help . I own a 2001 Honda Civic Ex and need new headlights; I could go to the store and purchase the everyday headlight which I really don't want to do, or I can spend a little more money and purchase HIDs. My problem is that I don't even know where to start!

I don't know what to purchase in order to have everything working properly, but I do know I would like a whiter bulb as opposed to the yellow tint as I live in a wooded area and need everything going for my visibility. I have searched eBay and found some halo's that I think would look nice, but I've been hesitant to purchase anything without knowing exactly what to get.

I'd really appreciate some help, and if possible, some links to the things I would need to purchase (also in Layman's terms please! )

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2001 Honda Civic EX Headlights

The lighting section is the best place to do some research. If you click on the 7th gen section and then go to ICE and Electrical or you can go to the DIY section and then go to lighting for some DIY projects. But here's a few links to help:

Read the first post from this thread to learn about different options for lighting:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-lighting.html

The lighting section:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
promisebear316 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
The lighting section is the best place to do some research. If you click on the 7th gen section and then go to ICE and Electrical or you can go to the DIY section and then go to lighting for some DIY projects. But here's a few links to help:

Read the first post from this thread to learn about different options for lighting:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-lighting.html

The lighting section:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting
Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-31-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I recommend doing a HID projector retrofit. Not only is the light better for you than just putting HIDs in, it's also safer for oncoming drivers!
This forum is where you can do some research. You can also check my sig for my installation experience.
TheRetrofitSource is the gold standard for retrofits. They're not cheap but you get an outstanding warranty, an amazing product, relatively easy installation, and you only have to do the job once.
Old 07-31-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by promisebear316
Hey everyone,
I own a 2001 Honda Civic Ex and need new headlights;
have you tried the lens restoring kits? some of the newer ones does not even need the sanding - just a electric drill to fit the sponge and water.
Old 07-31-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
have you tried the lens restoring kits? some of the newer ones does not even need the sanding - just a electric drill to fit the sponge and water.
+1, I got the Rain-X kit over a year ago and it really made a difference! It was only 20 bucks, and my headlights looked like *** beforehand. It was embarrassing.