Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

2014 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2014 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ABS

Originally Posted by Readypro
Today I tried the ABS. A grandma in the left lane decided to turn right into the lane I was in without looking. DAMN good ABS. No sliding at all and pretty quiet too. Easily avoided a crash into my drivers side. However the horn was a bit weak! LOL

Also, one of the features I forgot to mention is the 4 wheel traction control. When its on (automatic unless you turn it off) it wont let any of the wheels slip on ice or due to acceleration. This will be an interesting feature to try out this winter with the ice.
i must say our horn is terrible lol. I seem to have much better traction now with my pirelli p7 all season plus xl much more grippy.
Old 08-13-2014
Registered!!

Readypro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coupex14
i must say our horn is terrible lol. I seem to have much better traction now with my pirelli p7 all season plus xl much more grippy.
A replacement horn is on the list. Probably something from Acura might be nice.
Old 08-13-2014
Registered!!

A replacement horn is on the list. Probably something from Acura might be nice.
if I knew where it was and found one that works with our car id do it right away. I live in downstate NY where people drive like coked out tazmanian devils. Without a good horn is like playing football in the NFL without pads.
Old 08-13-2014
Registered!!

if I knew where it was and found one that works with our car id do it right away. I live in downstate NY where people drive like coked out tazmanian devils. Without a good horn is like playing football in the NFL without pads.
Oh man that's hilarious. I couldnt hardly hear the horn either. Im sure the old lady didnt hear it.
Old 08-16-2014
Registered!!

Re: 2014 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Nice sticker on Amazon.....

Old 08-17-2014
Registered!!

Nice sticker on Amazon.....

wow thats funny i just ordered some of those off ebay for our civcs haha
Old 08-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The downside is that I get about 5 MPG less,
My findings too in my 12, only mine may be worse. 10-20%ish drop?

except for the blanks for the fog lights in the front.
I really only made this reply so I could put up these pics here LOL

Separated at birth?

Designers are young enough to be Ninja Turtle fans?

I must be elderly, I think it's hilarious that I can ask the kids at work "Which Ninja Turtle were you?" and get real, honest, enthusiastic answers.

There are lots and lots of waves in the front and rear glass. This simply is not acceptable
Just for laughs, check the brand name on the glass and google it.

Audio system: Ive never been more delighted by the looks of an audio system and totally disappointed by its actual sound. It looks like something out of star trek, but sounds like something out of a Ford Pinto.
I LOL'd.
I just hate the OMFG distracting damn thing, trying to operate it might be worse than texting while driving. If you need to touch the display, you have to take your eyes off the road to locate the "buttons" and actually read stuff.
There's nothing intuitive about operating any of the touchscreen radios in any of the cars....except for the basic steering wheel controls.

Maybe it gets better if you actually own one for a while? IDK

Whatever happened to actual ***** and buttons, when did that go out of vogue?

It's not a radio anymore, it's a whole computer system that just happens to make some noises. I've got a laptop that might boot up faster than the radios.

And the cars (bluetooth/HFL) will not connect with my rotary dial cellphone.

it wont let any of the wheels slip on ice or due to acceleration.
It sure will allow slip.
They have to slip before the system can try to control it, and it's all over by that point, you already lost traction.

If on snow and ice and you stand on the gas pedal and expect the traction control to pull you along, you will be going pretty slow away from stops. You can accelerate better if you throttle light enough to stay out of traction control range..

And some idiots really expect ABS, traction and stability systems to be able to save their asses no matter how badly they drive. Yeah, really.

There was a couple threads like that here a couple years ago...more than once by the same person.

I LOL'd again and the cat looked at me like I lost my mind.

Horn should be right on top over the radiator area.
Old 08-17-2014
Registered!!

wow thats funny i just ordered some of those off ebay for our civcs haha
Wow, thats awesome! I guess we have 'Mod' fever, but there arent many modifications out there yet except for stickers! LOL
Old 08-17-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone

Separated at birth?

Designers are young enough to be Ninja Turtle fans?
That part was funny!
Old 08-18-2014
Registered!!

Road Trip Results

Today I took the civic out for a small road trip before my big one in a few weeks to see how it would do.

Start Location: Idaho Falls
Destination: Salmon Idaho
Legal Speed Ranges: 65 mph to 80 mph (open road)

The first leg I was doing all the legal speed limits and after about 160 miles to the location, I got just about 41 mpg. The Civic handled well, it was pretty effortless. It was amazingly quiet even at 80 mph. On the way back driving very aggressively, I got an average of 30 mpg.

On the 2nd leg, the way back, I hooked up with two other drivers one with a 2014 4 door Civic and a Ford Focus. We all hit top speeds of just over 100 mph with no issues. Even at that speed, the cabin was still really quiet. The steering was solid, and the brakes were excellent. What I really found amazing was the acceleration between 75 mph and 100 mph. The CVT was solid and quiet. When cruising at legal speeds, the CVT really showed me that this is very much a road car. It responds to hills and changing loads with a very slight change in ratios. It seems to always be where the torque and horsepower needed to be. I've never driven such a car that felt so well on the open road.

All smiles!

Last edited by Readypro; 08-20-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2014
Registered!!

Re: Road Trip Results

Today I took the civic out for a small road trip before my big one in a few weeks to see how it would do.

Start Location: Idaho Falls
Destination: Salmon Idaho
Legal Speed Ranges: 65 mph to 80 mph (open road)

The first leg I was doing all the legal speed limits and after about 160 miles to the location, I got just about 41 mpg. The Civic handled well, it was pretty effortless. It was amazingly quiet even at 80 mph. On the way back driving very aggressively, I got an average of 30 mpg.

On the 2nd leg, the way back, I hooked up with two other drivers one with a 2014 4 door Civic and a Ford Focus. We all hit top speeds of just over 100 mph with no issues. Even at that speed, the cabin was still really quiet. The steering was solid, and the brakes were excellent. What I really found amazing was the acceleration between 75 mph and 100 mph. The CVT was solid and quiet. When cruising at legal speeds, the CVT really showed me that this is very much a road car. It responds to hills and changing loads with a very slight change in ratios. It seems to always be where the torque and horsepower needed to be. I've never driven such a car the felt so well on the open road.

All smiles!
yes they drive like a dream the test drive had me instantly hooked
I just put tips on our mufflers tonight Ill post some pics tomorrow
Old 08-27-2014
Registered!!

Re: 2014 Honda Civic EX Coupe - Console Ports

HDMI, USB, and 12V Power. There is another USB port in the Armrest.

I discovered something new on the HDMI port, the video is deactivated at any speed. FYI.
Old 09-01-2014
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

It's also deactivated if the tranny isn't in neutral or park? For instance in drive at a stop light it wouldn't work either?

FYI, Hornblasters Shockers are epic in compact cars. But with newer cars having cramped engine compartments, no choice but to put the compressor and tank in the trunk.
Old 09-01-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danwat12345

FYI, Hornblasters Shockers are epic
Now seriously, how often do you get to use those in traffic?
Has anyone ever tried to murder you for honking at them?

Do you still have the original horn connected?

I have a pair of air horns off a semi that I used in an old Buick...THAT was a hell of an attention getter.....but train horns are a whole lot louder than those. I need to get a compressor and stick these in the Civic....
Old 09-01-2014

Originally Posted by danwat12345
It's also deactivated if the tranny isn't in neutral or park? For instance in drive at a stop light it wouldn't work either?
Owners manual says:

Playing a Video Using the HDMI®
This feature is limited while driving. To play videos,
stop your vehicle and apply the parking brake.
Old 09-01-2014
Registered!!

Wednesday I'm going on the big road trip from Eastern Idaho to Western Oregon. That should be interesting. Here are a few new things I found out this week ...

The turning radius is tighter when compared to the 2005 Honda Civic. That is pretty amazing since the car is much wider.

Also, the aforementioned horn is actually pretty normal outside. Most of the problem is that the car is so quiet inside the horn sounds pretty castrated, but outside its actually pretty normal for a Honda.
Old 09-07-2014
Registered!!

I just got back from the Oregon trip I took. Here are some things I noticed as it relates to the forum.

1) Most of the driving was at 80 MPH in various conditions including head winds. Average fuel consumption was 34 MPG.

2) I did get the Civic up to 115 miles per hour. I also noticed that gain in speed was difficult from anything over 105 mph. In fact, at first I thought I hit the speed limiter.

3) One of the funnest parts I drove on was a stretch of road from the Florence Oregon to the Willamette Valley. While going up and over the coast range, there is a very curvy section where you can pass. There was a newer Acura Integra that was ahead of me, and was really pressing the other car in front of him to get out of the way, even before the turning lane. So, I felt obliged to be on his **** during the whole stretch. I had three people in my civic, he only had himself, and we were more powerful with better handling through the tough curves. I was impressed.

Last edited by Readypro; 09-08-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2014

2) I did get the Civic up to 115 miles per hour.
Your notice to appear in traffic court has been issued and should be arriving in the mail shortly.

Old 09-08-2014
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

Now seriously, how often do you get to use those in traffic?
Has anyone ever tried to murder you for honking at them?

Do you still have the original horn connected?

I have a pair of air horns off a semi that I used in an old Buick...THAT was a hell of an attention getter.....but train horns are a whole lot louder than those. I need to get a compressor and stick these in the Civic....
Haha!
I've only used them a few times in "traffic" outside of tunnels, most people drive well where I live. Mostly people going into my lane without signaling or not knowing I am there. Sometimes if a Hummer or fire truck is going the other direction.

Almost always in a good tunnel.
Often when a group of girls are on the side of the road or a children's soccer game is going on. Bicyclists or strollers are a no go.

Yes the original horn is controlled by the stock horn buttons.
Train horn air solenoid opens when I ground the solenoid circuit by pressing another button, ground is at the cigarette lighter.

A state trooper got dang angry when I horned him. Tried to give me a misdemeanor but I fought it. that was a while ago, a bit wiser now.

/thread jack
Old 09-08-2014
Registered!!

Your notice to appear in traffic court has been issued and should be arriving in the mail shortly.

HAHA!
Old 09-25-2014
Registered!!

This weekend I am going to attempt a head lamp replacement. I was able to get the inside high beams replaced, but the outside low beams are a pain. So I think I am going to attempt to go through the outside wheel guard.
Old 09-25-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ That is likely the procedure.

Wish they were as easy as high beam.