Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

sdaidoji's 'vics stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: sdaidoji's 'vics stories

Nice man! I re-read the entire log.
Old 12-27-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks, some of them are not the nicest ones :P
Old 05-24-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Figures, just when emissions is due, car keeps throwing p0420 daily...

ok, got o2 sensors, have a cat coming.

yeah, ezone, I hear you telling me to fix the stuck oil rings... just came back from 3 month trips...
Old 05-26-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

memorial day holiday things to do:

broken rear bumper (someone hit it when it was parked)

P0420 solution - need do emissions now that the 3 month travel is done. O2 sensors will go at same time for safety

hello, kity, kityy, kitty, come here to your new home
i know you cats love a box, but time to come out, kitty!

Name:  20170526_141159_zpsa7ri8hlp.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  275.8 KB

Name:  20170425_154012_zpsk0e3mwzu.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  388.2 KB

Name:  20170425_154004_zpsaddcsemd.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  465.3 KB

Name:  20170427_160008_zpsr8y93hiu.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  548.3 KB
Old 05-27-2017

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Those mother F'ers!
Old 05-28-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

it was already cracked (smaller) and peeling coating, so i needed to change anyway, but still an a$$
Old 06-02-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

lost the battle with the rusted and weird bolts holding the cat to the catback... 4 days and no budge...

pepboys took two hours on the lift, air tools and finally took it off the car and replaced the cat. now need drive 100 miles for readiness codes for emissions.

i was never gonna get it out on stands and limited space (couldn't get the impact wrench there, shame on me.)
Old 06-08-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

100 miles complete for readiness codes, emissions aaaand: Pass!!!

culprit!

Name:  20170608_152627_zpsf08wmfm3.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  365.7 KB

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-08-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Hip replacement surgery done 2 months ago, recovery underway.
Time to bring the civic back to life (was driving a CX-5 during recovery) - it's almost time for registration too...
let's see:
1 - new battery - it have been parked since July, or was it August?
2 - swap in the scrapyard rear bumper (If I can, not sure if healed enough yet)
3 - locate the oil leak and fix it
4 - swap in the HID headlights I got from Josh if time allows
5 - hope the new airbags don't blow in my face... (they swapped them during the time it was parked)
Old 04-12-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Old 04-13-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Battery in, airbag did not blow in me face.
Shakedown:
- Had forgotten, but the seatbelt have the infamous failure... So SRS light on. (no issues in TN)
- Driver window was already weak to move, seem to have finally died...
- Scangauge is not getting mileage data... Wonder if just waiting for readiness or if ECU will give up soon...
- Left headlight is out - well, I need to swap in Josh's HID's, so...
time to hit a scrapyard? I have the hail marks in the hood anyway...

Separate notes:
Feels so much better to:
1 - Know where the wheels are exactly - hard to do on a SUV so high up the ground...
2 - Sooo great to shift again, clutch, shift, clutch!
3 - Preparing the 95 miata to get out of the bay... Darn hood hinges! battery is goner too, even with a battery tender...
Old 04-13-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Nice!! I'm sure the old 7th gen is glad to be moving again. Glad to hear you are doing good after your surgery
Old 04-13-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

thanx!
Old 04-14-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

ow, preliminary look means the valve cover gasket is gone...
That means i will need to fix that and then see what else is a goner...
Darn, not ever a quick one fixer... Cars!
Old 04-21-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Re: Mod Chat Thread

started work on the car.
Oil leak valve cover, headlights
Name:  GFQgI9O.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  3.96 MB
Name:  wUT0NDC.jpg
Size:  3.45 MB

old one out

Name:  yi6FVky.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  3.84 MB
Old 04-21-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Re: Mod Chat Thread

Huh...

Where did I store my stock air box? The stakes have risen...
huge hole on CAI - broken support bracket

Name:  SKAyrg5.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  4.39 MB
Name:  mb1mK28.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  3.69 MB
Old 04-25-2019

Duct tape? 😁
The following users liked this post:
sdaidoji (11-16-2020)
Old 11-16-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Taking too long...
95 Miata is back licensed before the civic...
Legs, hip, butt and torso muscles still too weak and can't stay bent over the car for too long...

List:
- Valve cover in
- Rear bumper in (I now have a LX with sunroof, LOL! - badge in the scrapyard car was LX). The bottom clips were not the correct ones, had to cut them off, dammit! several parts of the car have weird parts...
these are the ones in the car:
Name:  KlHefjZm.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  17.1 KB
these are what they should be...
Name:  I2r41ktm.jpg
Size:  12.4 KB
Name:  dbAqB99m.jpg
Size:  12.3 KBName:  KBWBIACm.jpg
Size:  14.7 KB
- AEM SRI is in (previous AEM CAI rubber junction took a few weeks to get out - it shrunk around the throttle body so tight that it was a PITA to remove. Could not fit the SRI in it either...)
Name:  7p5IPk6l.jpg
Size:  83.8 KB
- Screwed up on the relay harness for the HID lights and had a single xenon harness... Just came in the correct one for the bi-xenon.

Decided to fit the ballasts in the frame for the headlight/bumper/fender
Name:  poqLvEOl.jpg
Size:  64.6 KB

Trying to figure out where to place the relay harness unit now... I have a DRL Hamsar unit exactly at the best place for it... dammit! - from my Quebec years - remember this car have been Canadian for a year and half! Ouais!
Name:  b9xsPByl.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 11-16-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

hopefully this location do not cause issues...
Now, 100 miles until ECU resets... Time to get a temporary license...

Name:  O7XNnxjl.jpg
Size:  64.4 KBName:  I58uH4pl.jpg
Size:  49.6 KB
GolNat (11-17-2020)
Old 11-16-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Ohhh, yeah, forgot to mention:
I drove my 95 miata all manual, no power anything other than brake booster back-to-back with my 2015 CX-5...
Mamma mia! The Miata is waaay more responsive (more than half the weight lighter)
legs are waaay higher in the miata from seat.
Old 11-18-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

That retrofit looks familiar

makes me sad that I can't do shroud lighting in my 2018 like I did on those headlight. Definitely piqued some interest from ppl that saw it, then their jaws dropped when I said it was straight custom
Old 11-18-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

same can be said to the intake, supplier
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
That retrofit looks familiar

makes me sad that I can't do shroud lighting in my 2018 like I did on those headlight. Definitely piqued some interest from ppl that saw it, then their jaws dropped when I said it was straight custom
mac25 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-25-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

back down on the ground, ready for a shake down (other than license...)

Name:  PFcqsSA.jpg
Size:  3.01 MB
Colin42 (11-26-2020)
Old 11-25-2020
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Love seeing my work in action, especially on someone else's car. lol

Just FYI, switchback 7443 turn signals and parking lights that match the white look real good in that retro, especially if the LEDs match the HIDs. just saying. 5000k, I think, is what I tossed your way
Old 11-25-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Ah, no, just using the regular 7443, amber ones from an US Si
you did not add any signal/parking bulbs, remember?
Old 11-25-2020
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, the 5000k I was referring to was the D2S bulbs. I know I didn't send over 7443s or 168s because those are all in Miyuki rn. lol
Old 11-25-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

ah, OK, sorry, misunderstood!
Old 11-28-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

5 miles shakedown, nothing fell off the car so far, so good!
Rusty brakes are noisy!

SRI are noisier than CAI?
Old 11-28-2020
Administrator
Administrator

theoretically, yes. Air suction noise is closer to the driver with less crap between your ears and the filter. Also, the V2 sounds like no other SRI out there because of the dual diameter pipe
Old 11-28-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
theoretically, yes. Air suction noise is closer to the driver with less crap between your ears and the filter. Also, the V2 sounds like no other SRI out there because of the dual diameter pipe
He is under my hood

GolNat (11-28-2020)

Quick Reply: sdaidoji's 'vics stories