Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

DarkSouljur's Build Thread

Old 06-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
DarkSouljur's Build Thread

I've had this car for about 3 months now, i purchased it March 8th 2011 so i might aswell do a build thread and i'll just update this post as i go along :P.

Name: N/A
Year: 2003
Model: Civic Si (Canadian) [American EX Coupe]
Mileage: 189 000 as of June 5th (Purchased at 183 000km)
Colour: Satin Silver Metallic
Transmission: Manual

The Story:

I took a year off school, because i didn't know what i wanted to do and i also wanted to make some money and buy a car. After 5 months of working i made what i thought was enough to buy a car and found a local ad for an 03 civic for $3500. So i went and bought it, i love my car and it's exactly what i've been looking for, couldn't be prouder to own a civic .

The List:

Here's the list of stuff i've done to the car, stuff i'm planning to do to the car, and stuff that's already been done to the car. You can find this list in the notes section on my iPod so you'll see things on it like "Clean Car" etc. so you're seeing almost everything i'm doing to this car. This summer i'm only going to be working on externals, mainly small things and in the coming years and work on suspension, brakes, and internals :P

= Complete
= Not Complete
= In Progress

Summer 2011 (Repairs + Small Mods):

Short Ram Intake
Clean Car + Engine Bay
Replace Rear Endlink
CivicForum.com Sticker
Change to Synthetic Oil
Retrofit Morimoto Mini's
Black House Headlights
Install CCFL Angel Eyes
Replace Turn Signal Bulbs
Eyelids
Tint Tail Lights
Clean / Fix Windshield Washer Fluid Sensor
Install Type-A Side Skirts
Install Rear lip
Remove Civic Emblem
Black "H" Emblem, Si Emblem, and i-VTEC emblem
Replace Clutch
Replace cabin air filter
Replace front bumper
LED Reverse lights
Repaint Rear bumper to match car colourr
New SRI Filter
New Brakes by end of Summer
Replace front tint to match rear tint
Replace Wipers (Suggestions?)
Repair dents (Door + Both Fenders)
Create a black paint scheme (hood, wing, gas cover)
Fix paint scratches and rust (especially on hood)
Get a new stereo
Duplicate Key
Fix trunk release
Replace drivers side door actuator

Future Mods (this list will grow as i learn more about my car):

- New Rims (16 or 17 inch Black with silver lip)
- Subs / Speakers
- Exhaust
- Aero Kit
- RSX Sway Bar

Pics:

March 10th 2011 - Front of car (Just purchased)

Name:  2RightSide.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  80.3 KB
March 10th 2011 - Drivers side of car (Just purchased)

Name:  3LeftSide.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  45.2 KB
March 10th 2011 - Passenger side of car (Just purchased)

Name:  HitandRunDoor.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  40.4 KB
April 1st 2011 - Dent of passenger door (Hit and Run)

Name:  HitandRunFenderB.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  65.6 KB
April 2nd 2011 - Dent on driver fender (Hit and Run)

Name:  CivicForumsSticker.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  27.4 KB
May 12th 2011 - Put on CivicForums.com sticker

Name:  InfrontofBellForest.png
Views: 219
Size:  262.5 KB
May 27th 2011 - Random picture that i liked

Name:  PullingTrailer.png
Views: 357
Size:  479.2 KB
June 4th 2011 - My car pulling a trailer (Not really)

Name:  IMG_6620.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  36.8 KB
June 9th 2011 - Retrofit morimoto mini's in blackhoused headlights, CCFL Angel Eyes, Replaced park light bulbs. Click Here for the post with more info.

AfterEyebrows-Night.jpg?t=1309155999
June 26th 2011 - Painted and put on eyebrows. [https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...t4545792]Click Here[/url] for the post with more info.

Name:  Ottawa-20110704-00029.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  102.7 KB
July 4th 2011 - Tinted Tail Lights. Click Here for the post with more info.

Planning on doing a photoshoot later with Shift-E. I'll be sure to update this thread as often as i can. Hope u guys enjoyed it

Last edited by DarkSouljur; 07-04-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: DarkSouljur's Build Thread

Cant wait to see moarr
Old 06-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Wow, you have a busy summer planned.

You have vtec-e not i-vtec btw.
Old 06-06-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

more pixs or ban!

hahhaha. looking forward to this thread.
Old 06-06-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys, i'll make sure to update

And thanks for telling me mind, i just got it in the mail today it says i-VTEC, it looks pretty nice but i guess i could take off the i, or put it on anyways, it was like $2 so i don't really care lol

anyways i'm going to have my headlights done withing the next 2 days and hoping to do my eyebrows and tail lights this weekend
Old 06-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I lke the vtec idea, but with the i-vtec everyones going to think your k-swapped lol

I think I'm going to put the 8th gen red si badge on mine
Old 06-07-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I lke the vtec idea, but with the i-vtec everyones going to think your k-swapped lol

I think I'm going to put the 8th gen red si badge on mine
Well that could be good or bad, good because i'd scare off racers bad because if they didn't care that i have a k20 and raced me anyways id look like a retard haha
I was thinking of doing the 8th gen si, it stands out a lot more then the crappy little si emblem we got right now :P

Originally Posted by Carnoobie
maybe im the only one but i still like those stock rims. Every other civic stock rims i see are ugly as hell but 01s are one of the nicer ones. why not keep those as is?
Well i really wanted black with silver lip to go with the rest of the theme, but another option i've been thinking about recently is possible painting stock rims black because i really do like the way they look!
Old 06-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

i really like the stock wheels too, I kind of enjoy putting them on every winter. Stock EM1, GSR blades and 5th gen lude blades are also very nice.
Old 06-07-2011
Registered!!

Pheet is on a distinguished road

Nice car! A few minor cosmetic upgrade will really set it off. Make sure you paint match your eyelids before putting them on or they'll be off. I would strongly advise against getting black rims with a polished lip solely because you will start to hate them. You'll start noticing that everyone has those kind of rims and you'll easily get bored of them as well. I also figured that I'd get black rims with polished lip to mix with the whole black and silver theme but I am seriously hating these rims-_- The combo doesnt look half bad tbh but it is played out. Either way, thats just my .02 cents. Decision's up to you^^ Cant wait to see more of the car as it progresses into a nice clean ride that will catch a lot of eyes

Mindbomber: I recently took off my red Si emblem. Let me know if you want it.
Old 06-07-2011
Registered!!

i really like the stock wheels too, I kind of enjoy putting them on every winter. Stock EM1, GSR blades and 5th gen lude blades are also very nice.
Hah yeah they definitely beat steelies in the winter xD

Originally Posted by Pheet
Nice car! A few minor cosmetic upgrade will really set it off. Make sure you paint match your eyelids before putting them on or they'll be off. I would strongly advise against getting black rims with a polished lip solely because you will start to hate them. You'll start noticing that everyone has those kind of rims and you'll easily get bored of them as well. I also figured that I'd get black rims with polished lip to mix with the whole black and silver theme but I am seriously hating these rims-_- The combo doesnt look half bad tbh but it is played out. Either way, thats just my .02 cents. Decision's up to you^^ Cant wait to see more of the car as it progresses into a nice clean ride that will catch a lot of eyes

Mindbomber: I recently took off my red Si emblem. Let me know if you want it.
Yeah i'm planning on doing the headlights tomorrow or the day after and my eyelids, paint, and clearcoat have been sitting on my desk for a week because i haven't dont the eyebrows yet. I sanded them down a bit but thats it, i'm too lazy so i might get off my *** and do them tomorrow :P

I know what you mean about the rims, they r overused and i guess i could see them getting old ... but then again i could say that about any rims, if you have an idea for something that would look better than plain old black and silver let me know!

I know, i'm getting excited to start working on this car, it sucks that money has to get in the way of things
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

Thats true about any rims getting old. Well I really like silver on silver, bronze on silver and gold on silver. Here is what Im going for though. Its a really crappy Paint edit but meh, you get the idea
Click image for larger version

Name:	,n,mn.jpg
Views:	5731
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	80989
I figured getting a blue tow hook, some blue bandaid stickers(crappy job on the DIY paint haha) and probably something else that I can get in blue will make the wheels blend in with the rest of the car.
I really like Muirsy's car though. His car makes me contradict myself about gold or blue.

As for the money and taking a year off of school, just make you sure you go back. I said the same exact thing to myself: "Ill take a year off school and work to buy a car." Next thing I know, Im on my third year break. Hahaha. Just start with the small inexpensive mods first. If you still have payments for the car then focus on that first, putting aside little money for mods. Have you also considered lowering first before getting new rims?
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

Thats what list contains of. Smaller mods. I haven't thought about rims or lowering at all, i won't be able to afford till next year so i'm not worrying bout it now :P And don't worry bout school, i already got accepted and me and my dad actually just finished sitting down to pay off my tuition

I love muisy's car lol i think he did a great job with it! Almost makes me want to convert to 04-05 headlights too because they look so nice. I saw an 04-05 civic today with tinted headlights and stock rims but they were painted black. They looked amazing, so i might not spend the money on new rims and paint mine black or buy his oem rims and paint them black (like the guys car), they looked perfect with the silver civic.
Old 06-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

If you want to convert to 04-05 headlights you'd also need to swap the entire front end over lol
Old 06-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed for updates

& where are the LED's in this build!? :O
Old 06-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pheet
Thats true about any rims getting old. Well I really like silver on silver, bronze on silver and gold on silver. Here is what Im going for though. Its a really crappy Paint edit but meh, you get the idea
Attachment 80989
I figured getting a blue tow hook, some blue bandaid stickers(crappy job on the DIY paint haha) and probably something else that I can get in blue will make the wheels blend in with the rest of the car.
I really like Muirsy's car though. His car makes me contradict myself about gold or blue.
Blue rims, blue toe hook and a blue tow hook would be sick.

I think i might paint my pos rims green...
Old 06-09-2011
Registered!!

Yeah aha too bad I only have 40 bucks in my account right now Hey Mind, I haven't actually seen your car yet. Got any pics?
Old 06-09-2011
Registered!!

If you want to convert to 04-05 headlights you'd also need to swap the entire front end over lol
Yeah i know. I wouldn't actually do it, they look good but i don't think it's worth the trouble and cost of switching my whole front end xD

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Subscribed for updates

& where are the LED's in this build!? :O
By LEDS do you mean reverse lights?! I will do that for sure, i don't know why it's not on my list yet.

*updated*
Old 06-09-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

When you putting up the picks from todays work?
Old 06-09-2011
Registered!!

Update: June 9th 2011 - Retrofit morimoto mini's in blackhoused headlights, CCFL Angel Eyes, Replaced park light bulbs.

Pics

Before install (Shift-E's civic in the background):

Name:  IMG_6617.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  60.0 KB

During install (old + new headlights):

Name:  IMG_6619.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  63.4 KB

After install (Family civic in the back, what i used to drive before i bought my own):

Name:  IMG_6620.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  36.8 KB

Night (Cat jumped on my car lol, i have to figure out how to fix the exposure on my camera but they look good in person, minus the aiming :P):

Name:  IMG_6624.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  27.5 KB

Halo's (I'll get both sides when i fix the exposure):

Name:  IMG_6625.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  25.5 KB

I still need to aim the headlights, but this was an annoying project. When i first tried turning on the lights i blew the fuse, and then i took out another 3 before shift-e figured out what we did wrong, the power and ground to the ballasts were touching so it just kept blowing the fuse, we separated them and it's working perfectly, all i have to do is aim them and i'll put up some pics when i get that done

Special thanks to Shift-E for the help with this one, couldn't have done it without him
Also a thanks to: Gearbox, Riceboy, and anyone else who has answered questions i have had in the past about retrofits and headlights (thanks for bearing with me on my first real project lol).

Last edited by DarkSouljur; 06-09-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks really good so far
Old 06-10-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I still need to aim the headlights, but this was an annoying project. When i first tried turning on the lights i blew the fuse, and then i took out another 3 before shift-e figured out what we did wrong, the power and ground to the ballasts were touching so it just kept blowing the fuse, we separated them and it's working perfectly, all i have to do is aim them and i'll put up some pics when i get that done

Special thanks to Shift-E for the help with this one, couldn't have done it without him
Also a thanks to: Gearbox, Riceboy, and anyone else who has answered questions i have had in the past about retrofits and headlights (thanks for bearing with me on my first real project lol).
That was fun little problem we had to do deal with, don't you think?

I love my car in the background of pic 1 You can ALOMST see my CF decal :P
Old 06-11-2011
Registered!!

small, but it's there

And now my drivers side headlight is out. FFS.
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

So i tried out my AC a little while ago and as soon i turned it on the car started reeking something fierce... Shift-E told me that it's probably a filter that needed to be changed which makes sense, but just to double check i searched the forum, people reported having the same problem but that changing the cabin air filters fixed it ... So now i gotta add that to my list lol, I can't wait to pull the sucker out and see what kind of disgusting mold has been building up for God knows how long -.-
Old 06-22-2011
Kenny the Ricer

It might not be mold that you'll see
I washed my filters a couple times, still reaks, but they're clean as can be
-shrugs-
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

This is the thread i was checking out:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...3-c-smell.html

It's weird because sometimes it smells terrible, and sometimes you can't smell anything at all :P
Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

Update: June 26th 2011 - Put on eyebrows.

I've had these for a while now but kept putting off the painting, and everytime i tried to paint it would turn out like crap. Re-painted them today and finally put them on because i had some time to kill. Been getting compliments on them already, love the more aggressive look not the mention the halos that work very nicely with it!

Pics

Before install:

Name:  BeforeEyebrows.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  138.7 KB

After Install (Day):

Name:  AfterEyebrows.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  73.8 KB

After install (Night):

AfterEyebrows-Night.jpg?t=1309155999
Old 06-28-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

bwwwaaaa hate you sooo much! jk i love your halos, mine were supposed to be that colour...but when i got em and lit em up they were blue... nice build man =D
Old 06-28-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

beauty, really like those eye brows, and those headlights
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

thanks guys

I might score a good deal on a lip kit and skirts... something i thought wouldn't get done till next year! So i'll keep you posted.

@Mac: I wanted blue to be honest lol but i didn't know you could get any colour other than white xD But now that i have them i'm happy that they're white, they look nice. Got a pic of ur halos?

@Lopes: i'm planning on doing my tails in a couple days, what should i buy? I have clear coat right now, and i'm going to buy some VHT Nightshade spray, anything else?

Here's a better picture i took today, they look a lot nicer in this pic than any other i've taken: (friends 6th gen si beside it)

Ottawa-20110627-00009.jpg?t=1309292866
Old 06-28-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Thats a nice car, how you like the rims? Id keep the stock ones, they look good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DarkSouljur's Build Thread