Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lotus Elise - just took delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Talking Lotus Elise - just took delivery!

It's been a long time since i posted here, but I figured I'd check in. This forum was an awesome community, and if I still had a Civic I'd be here every day.

After the Civic, I had an Audi TT. Just traded that in for something a bit more... exotic.

2008 Lotus Elise, brand new, only 34 miles. Chrome Orange, all the options - touring pack, sport pack, LSD, hardtop, starsheild.

Lotus Stage II exhaust is ordered and will be put on when it comes in. I'll take delivery shortly after.

Before you ask, I haven't even driven the car. I've driven other Elises, but it was in the show room for years. Needless to say, the tech needs to prep the car before I can drive it.

Crappy showroom pics until I actually get the car:

UPDATE: Took delivery of the car. Check it out

Last edited by diskreet; 01-14-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Re: Lotus Elise - just purchased!

I hate you!

J/K

Old 12-31-2010
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

When do I get to drive it??
Old 12-31-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Niiiiiiiice. I'm so completely jealous.

I was wondering if you were ever gonna buy it after asking what color to get a while back
Old 12-31-2010

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Yup, well I did end up with one. Just had to buy an engagement ring for the future misses first. Now that that's sorted, it's Lotus time!
Old 12-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

how much is insurance on one of those ???
Old 12-31-2010

Originally Posted by lowlife9
how much is insurance on one of those ???
Insurance isnt too bad...$8.50 more per month than my Audi TT.
Old 12-31-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

HA! but I haz a white Evora

Anyways....
Nice buy
Hows it 2008 and only 34 miles? It never sold?
Old 12-31-2010

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
HA! but I haz a white Evora

Anyways....
Nice buy
Hows it 2008 and only 34 miles? It never sold?
Very nice, wish I had the money for an Evora but I'm sire ill like the Elise more.

The car never sold, so o got a good deal on it.
Old 12-31-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they use camery engines rite so it should be a reliable car. is this going to be your daily driver.
Old 12-31-2010

Originally Posted by lowlife9
they use camery engines rite so it should be a reliable car. is this going to be your daily driver.
The Evora uses Toyota's V6 found in the Camry. The Elise uses the I4 that used to be found in the Celica GT. Both have Lotus' custom tuning, and I believe the I4 has some head work.

The Elise engine - 2Z-GE - was co-developed between Toyota and Yamaha. I'll pull some stats from the manual.
1796 cc (1.8L)
11.5:1 compression ratio
8000 rpm limit continuous, 8500 rpm limit transient
190 bhp @ 7800 rpm
138 lb-ft @ 6800 rpm
Variable timing and lift on intake valves
Variable lift on exhaust valves

Transmission is also Celica GT-sourced. 6 speed, and in my car with a torsen type limited slip differential.
Old 12-31-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice car and color!
Old 12-31-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

good car. my next car in fact (but an exige)

i was wondering why u didnt get an exige? how much did u pay for it?
Old 12-31-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Are you planning on doing any mods to it?
Old 12-31-2010

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Are you planning on doing any mods to it?
course he is. its in our nature......especially if u buy a lotus.

@diskreet im on lotustalk a lot. are u on there? same username?
Old 12-31-2010
Registered!!

you should swap a K series in it then turbo.
Old 12-31-2010
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

NICE!!!

Supercharged?
Old 12-31-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
course he is. its in our nature......especially if u buy a lotus.
I think his post was more getting the formalities out of the way so no one else asks
Old 12-31-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Nice!!!I'm jelly.How much was it total?You should supercharge or k-swap it.Honda never offered a small MR car.So a lot of guys first used the MRS to k-swap.More guys are using the Elise now.The Evora is also a great car.The suspension is great and it has an actual boot.The Evora is based on the Elise and so is the Tesla hybrid.
Old 01-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Civic -> Audi TT -> Lotus elise
You going the direction of dramatically reducing your trunk each time
Next up is Cobra or going straight to Atom/Lotus 7?
Niiice car, that one!
Old 01-01-2011

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Niiice car, that one!
the atom has a trunk....and its pretty decent.

well, its actually called a frunk (front trunk) or a "boot" lolz... whatever that means.
Old 01-01-2011

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Niiice car, that one!
I don't have a garage. If I did, I'd be posting about my Atom or Lotus 7 replica right now.

But to answer some more questions:
I won't DD this car - my grocery getter is a 2002 Honda Accord with 182,000 miles. Yes, I'm that guy who drives an old, beat up, but perfectly running car every day so that I can spend a few days each month in something really special.

This Elise isn't supercharged. After talking with tens of Lotus owners, they said don't bother getting it. The Lotus supercharger fills in the low and mid range, but doesn't do much for peak power. If I ever do supercharge, it's going to be aftermarket to get into the 250 - 300 bhp range.

The only two mods I want to do for now are the exhaust, which is being installed, and maybe a harness setup for track days. I have a lot to learn before I can drive this car to it's potential, so I definitely don't want more power until then.

As for a K swap - why? Yes, I love the K series engine. It's a great piece of engineering. But why go from one high revving, no torque motor to another? For the same price I can get a completely built 2ZZ that won't spoil the handling and can reliably make 400+ hp. Like I said above, I need to be a significantly better driver before I'm adding power.

And I am on LotusTalk and British Speed but I haven't posted on there much. I posted on LT a while back when I almost bought an Exige, but the time just wasn't right.

Last edited by diskreet; 01-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

What exhaust you installing?
Old 01-01-2011

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
What exhaust you installing?
up in his first post. "Lotus Stage II exhaust"

BWR SC for the win.

which SC do u have ur eye on?

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 01-01-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2011

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
up in his first post. "Lotus Stage II exhaust"

BWR SC for the win.

which SC do u have ur eye on?
None. Again, I have a lot of learning to do before I can drive the car to it's full potential. Adding power now will only make me a worse driver.

One more shot of the ridiculous pedals and cup holder. Yes, it will be cleaned before I pick it up.
Old 01-02-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Oh, I see
Too bad Remus doesn't make exhausts for this thing, I love the sound of Remus exhausts

Sooo....You plan to upgrade to the 2013 Lotus Esprit later on?
It's one sexi beast
Old 01-02-2011

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I've always loved the Lotus Elise.

I'm so jealous! The only comfort I have is the roads around here would eat that for breakfast.

Top Gear did a few episodes with the Elise. In one they had it on their track and the game was it had to evade an apache helicopter getting missile lock on it.

and it won! It looks like it handles like a ****.

congrats!
Old 01-02-2011

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

^ I saw that episode!And the one episode where the Exige raced the Mustang.@ Kenny,the Evora is a sexy beast.I have one in GT5 blacked out.
Old 01-02-2011

lmao..... gt5.
Old 01-02-2011

It's a fun game.I don't like how it has a Toyota engine though.I'd want more power out of it.

Quick Reply: Lotus Elise - just took delivery!