Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > GENERAL > Member's Rides
Register Forgot Password?

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2010   #1
Registered!!

Points: 2,362, Level: 29 Points: 2,362, Level: 29 Points: 2,362, Level: 29
Level up: 42%, 88 Points needed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
yeabmx is an unknown quantity at this point
heat doesnt work in my 98 ex

alright. so i posted a thread before about this and accidentally posted on in the diy section but im hoping that someone can help me. so under the glove box to the left there is a heat/ac mechanism? it moves when u move the heat know from hot to cold or vise versa. problem is one of the little white *****/clips/holderthingys? broke. im not 100% sure if this is the problem or if its just coincidence. but i looked it up online and i cant find the problem. i dont want to take the whole heat assembly apart to figure it out either, because it works on and off now and id rather have that, than have it not work at all. the only thing that stinks is it doesnt work sometimes. like today i drove to work with no heat, and its freezing here in new england. im just curious, does anyone know what this white **** does? is there a long rod connected to it, does it make the flapper door move? thats the second thing, when the heat does kick on, i can hear the flapper door hit and turn the heat on, other times it hits and shuts the heat off. i only know thats a flapper door because i saw it apart at a junk yard n just took a quick glance. any, legit ANY input would help. thanks alot.
yeabmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000 , 94 , 97 , 98 , civic , doesnt , dont , heat , heater , honda , moving , problems , wont , work , works