Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Do It Yourself Spring Install - Detailed Info & Pics

Old 08-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brandengump
just used it.. sort of forgot to not warp my threads on my tie rod... in conclusion.. i have a temporary ghetto rig.. other than that EXCELLENT DIY without this i probably wouldnt have done it.. but it was really simple.. 05 coupe dropped 2 inches, looks AMAZING easy job!
thanks man!

ya..those tie bars suck...hate those things....took me forever to get those out.
Old 08-30-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i had my tie rods ghetto rigged too...then one night the tie rod came apart from strut and i lost steering! haha good thing it was really late at night and there was no traffic cuz i was stuck in the middle of the intersection!

i had to replace them both
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

civ_nate is an unknown quantity at this point
hey mex, first off, excellent DIY, i just bought lowing spring and was planning on spending $300 to install, now im gonna do it with a friend for a case of beer.
second, i was told i do not need rear camber for a 1.75" drop, true??
third, anyway u can explain how tro install camber kits??
email = nmci@rogers.com
Old 10-26-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
civ_nate, I'd recommend you start searching under suspension performance..
There are plenty of threads already on springs, shocks & camber kits...

Start here:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200089
Old 11-26-2005
Registered!!

85356 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great DIY, thanks mex
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

maverickskat is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah...well first off im new to the board although i did sign up a while back..anywho had i seen this it probably would have made installing my springs in soooo much easier...anywho my question: Has anybody had any issues after installing them? We installed everything correctly, atleast we think, everything is nice and tight and all set in place, but everytime I'm turning slowly (like to pull into a parking space) there is a noise that seems to coming from the springs. We double checked everything and still it keeps making it. any ideas?
Old 01-10-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
i think its missing 1 piece of info, and thats the torque specs.
Old 01-23-2006
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
i think its missing 1 piece of info, and thats the torque specs.

Torque specs would be nice. Otherwise extremely nice write up. I am not mecahnicall inclined but I could follow it step for step with no problems. I would like to note that in using the tie rod seperator I did get a small tear in the boot. You may wish to omit the use of the tool and stick with hammering the spindle and using a piece of wood to tap the shaft up and out.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

n_flow is an unknown quantity at this point
nice diy. very thorough
Old 03-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
can someone show me where these "bump stops" are? im curious. i want to do this right next week. and will i need more than myself? like 2 people at least right?
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

Bdubb is an unknown quantity at this point
where are the diy pics?

Hey mex is there a way to repost those pics im gonna try it myself this week.
Old 03-26-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bdubb
Hey mex is there a way to repost those pics im gonna try it myself this week.
i 2nd this. im buying my springs this thursday at the latest and need em installed asap. rehosting the pics would be VERY helpful
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

oxweeblexo is an unknown quantity at this point
yes i also need the pics.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Stratablak314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
can someone show me where these "bump stops" are? im curious. i want to do this right next week. and will i need more than myself? like 2 people at least right?
The bump stops are the yellow-orangeish rubber pieces that are pushed down on the strut shaft in the rear (inside that black plastic housing). I'm on Tein S Techs 1.3/1.4" drop and it recommended cutting off the top section of it. I used a hand saw and it cut it rather nicely. In the front, I didn't cut anything, but the bump stops are black and a bit different looking in the front. Tein didn't recommend cutting these so I passed. Sorry I don't have pics, but if you really want to see what they look like, try going to a OEM parts website and search for them.
Old 03-26-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i never did it. install went fine.
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
finally getting my Tokico blues....Hope the install goes well like you guys..
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

Stratablak314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea my Teins came with recomendations for cut length on your bump stops. It just said to take a half inch off of the back ones. My guess is, since it adds a little more room for the strut to travel, the back end doesn't bounce around as much... not sure, however, the overall ride is not bad. Those bastards at the suspension place still didn't get my front end aligned right though. Pieces of sheeet.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Axxe is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason you cut the bump stops is to increase suspension travel, if they are too long then you lose useful travel in your suspension, causing unpredicatable "hoppy" handling when you bottom out.
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

civicrider01 is an unknown quantity at this point
if im replacing my struts but not my springs, can i also follow these directions? what will be different when putting the old springs on my new struts? lining the strut? etc?
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

ELTYPESR is an unknown quantity at this point
DO I NEED SPRING COMPRESSOR to put in the new springs my (neuspeed) or i can just force it in ?
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help, I took the two bolts out from the bottom of the strut and was careful not to let the rotor fall too quickly. but it has gotten loose from the cv joint and now I cannot get the rotor back in place. When I try to push the rotor back in I can hear metal hitting metal at the cv joint. Can anyone help me get the rotor back into place?
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

tmans is an unknown quantity at this point
great help tnx
Old 08-03-2006
Holler!!!™
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Powershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to all
yep!
great DIY!!
gifs and all damn!
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
i just did mine w/ your DIY thanks alot.
Old 08-16-2006
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
great diy, helped out tremendously, took me 8 hours(long story) by myself. Long story short, the bottom strut bolt on the drivers side seized up, had to take it to a shop to get it out. Took 2 hours with a 3/4" impact to get it out, but got it done!! DIY was awesome, cant thank you enough
Old 08-23-2006
naz
Registered!!

naz is an unknown quantity at this point
man this DIY is amazing!! gifs and all wow
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

PrYnCeQT is an unknown quantity at this point
Great DIY, just done it myself few days ago but had a few problems.

Mex, I really think you should mention the process of lining up the holes for the rear struts as it was a pain in the butt. My suggestion is to use a car jack and raise the strut up where the spring holds in place so that you can easiy slid the bolt holes to line up. Took me hours to figure a solution to that. Another suggestion for those who mess up some bottom threads of the tie rod end when hammering is to file it down with a metal filer til its gone but not past the pin hole, after that grab a wrench that can hold the top of the tie rod nut tight so that you can turn the nut on the bolt and fix the bolt threads a bit, remember to do this while the tie rod is not in the strut. Hope that helps anyone that had any problems like I did.
Old 08-23-2006
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
thanks

great diy, as i previously stated, heres a pic of afterward...
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Awsome DIY

My spring install on the sedan went very smooth...
BUT
You really dont need the 'secret compartment' on the sedan... its pretty easy to get the 2 rear nuts off holding the strut in place, just by reaching through the trunk.
The goldlines look awsome on a sedan btw
Thank you!
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

rchoo is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a great thread! I need this since i just got my f2 coils. =)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do It Yourself Spring Install - Detailed Info & Pics