Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Coilovers for 01 civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tone1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Coilovers for 01 civic

I just bought new 17 inch rims and i wanted to lower the front end maybe an inch or less. I wanted to get some recommendations on which type coilovers will best suit for what im trying to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Coilovers for 01 civic

Plenty of brands to choose from. More importantly do you want adjsutable or non adjustable coilovers. Non adjustable are less expensive and the same quality but, can only be lowered to a restricted distance. Koni STR.t (orange color) is an example of non-adjustable. I used them on a Mazda 3 and they improved ride and handling considerably over the stock KYB brand. Stance/Tuck (wheel to body distance) is another thing to consider.

Other names:
Bilstein
Tokiko
H&R
Koni
BC Racing

and many more..do research and reviews
Old 04-23-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Been rocking Twin Super Street coilovers for the last 13 years. Fckin love em. I'm dropped like 2-3" on a DD with 17s

Edit: if youre only looking to drop an inch, save money and get a setup like tokico blues and tein h-tech springs.
Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

coilover sleeves on stock struts

I have an 01 civic ex 4 dr. I wanted to drop my car an inch. I wanted to see if its ok to put those sleeves on stock struts with that height. im not trying to do anything crazy, its my daily, just trying to give it a slightly different look. any advice would be great. im pretty new at this.
Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

would it be possible to put coilover sleeves over stock struts since im only dropping an inch. im asking because I don't know. im new to this type of mod. so any suggestion\opinion would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

would it be possible to put adjustable coilover sleeves over stock struts since im only dropping an inch. im asking because I don't know. im new to this type of mod. so any suggestion\opinion would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-27-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you posted several threads about similar things, so we just merged it into one - easier to understand...
Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
you posted several threads about similar things, so we just merged it into one - easier to understand...
I appreciate that. First time on a forum, wtill trying to figure it out.
Old 04-28-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you only wanna drop an inch, go with springs/struts. Tokico HP struts and Tein h-tech springs (will drop 0.7"/0.8" F/R) or Tein S-tech springs (will drop 1.3"/1.4" F/R) have always been a good do-to setup.

If you wanna see what that drop will look like, here's what my car looked like with Tokico HP struts and Tein S-tech springs. Rim/tire combo is 17x7 wrapped in 215/45-17 tires

Name:  DSCN1236.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  145.7 KB

Closeup of front wheel gap
Name:  DSCN1241.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  103.0 KB

Closeup of rear wheel gap (keep in mind, I had a 50-60lb sub box in the trunk at the time)
Name:  DSCN1242.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  119.5 KB
Old 04-28-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ah, yeah, i had also forgotten i had written this piece.

if you feel like, take a tour here, clicking in the link - it's within the site, no worries.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...questions.html