Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2002 lx coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavy honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2002 lx coilovers?

Hello guys/girls I'm new to this forum. And I have a 02 lx in which I recently put 17in Sparco Pro Corsa rims on. But just as I had read in another thread on this forum the 17's give the car the monster truck look. I love the rims but want to lower my vehicle. Now I am looking into getting Skunk2 coil over sleeves for my lx due to recent experience with my other civic. But i'm stumped because many not just the skunks state they coil overs will only fit the ex. now I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a difference in suspension between the ex and lx for this year make and models. Because I had thought they were the same. I'm also open to onions that other lx owners with coil over sleeves; and what they are running.

Thank you,
Darian K.
Old 01-02-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2002 lx coilovers?

Yes the em2 suspension will fit and function on an es1 chassis; as well as the dc5 (credit to Mindbomb).

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...atibility.html
Old 01-02-2017
Registered!!

Alright thank you for your help.
Old 01-02-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I should add a caveaut to mac's statement. Any 01-02 em1/es2 suspension will fit. In 2003, Honda upgraded the crash bolt size from 14mm to 16mm.

Also, with 17s, you don't get the monster truck look if you get the correct tire size. For the 7thgen, that'd be 215/45-17's. They'll fit with no rubbing, even lowered 2-3"

source: am lowered ~2" with 215/45-17's on my 2002 ex coupe.
Old 01-03-2017
Registered!!

So being that my lx is the 02 I should be fine, right? And I'm runnning 205/45/17 on ther for tires. My rim size is 17x7.5, I absolutely love the rims they took out a nice portion of the when gap, it just raised my vehicle a bit so I'd like to bring it down be an inch or so when the spring comes. Thanks for the responses.
Old 01-03-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, ya, I forgot about the crash bolt pattern, Thx J. =D
Old 01-03-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the other difference that comes to mind is the lack of rear anti roll bar on any other models than EX.
Old 01-03-2017
Registered!!

To make sure I have this right as long as I get the coilover sleeves for the same year ex I'll be safe. And I know my lx has that rear anti roll bar. If so thanks for your help guys, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on the project. I'd like to have them in before spring and hopefully by the end of this month.
Old 01-04-2017
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'd personally get full coilovers. They'd actually be designed to handle the variable drop as opposed to sticking something like ground control coilover sleeves on stock struts. You'd be back in the wheel wells again swapping out struts if you do that.
Old 01-04-2017
Registered!!

Alright I'll keep you updated as of my decision, I would like to get the whole thing but I'm not sure as of how dedicated I want to be.
Old 01-04-2017
Administrator
Administrator

If you want an affordable coilover system, TEIN makes some good stuff. I've been rocking the TEIN Super Street coilovers since about... 2005 and it's still going strong. They have ones called the "Street Basis Z" for about $500 ($503 shipped on thmotorsports.com). That'll get you lowered a max of 3.1"/4" with a minimum drop of .73"/.9, F/R respectively.

For $300 extra, you can get adjustable dampering with the Street Advance, but you can't lower your car quite as much