Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

ES 12mm bushing on the 13mm sway bar?

Old 12-26-2016
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
ES 12mm bushing on the 13mm sway bar?

I made the mistake of purchasing what ES suggested for the rear sway bar bushings. The 12mm ones.

I've already contacted ES waiting to see what they say but I figured I'd ask if anyone here has dealt with this. I can get them on but of course where the split is there's a gap. Could I still use them or would it be advised not to? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ES 12mm bushing on the 13mm sway bar?

The point of the bushing is to hold the bar in place while also letting it rotate.

You could probably run them but they may wear out faster then a proper sized bushing.

I'd say if you already have them run them and keep an eye on what they do for a while.
Old 12-26-2016
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good to me, appreciate the input bro.
Old 12-27-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the issue is if they bind the bar - that will not let the bar to freely rotate, some weird situations could arise.

in miatas, they shave the bushings until they are rotating freely, but if there are right size ones, simply go with them right ones. even the right ones could be too tight, being why some shaves them.

Search this Thread