Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Dust Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YuckerDisMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Dust Boots

I am planning on ordering some progress coilovers for my 2002 civic sedan. Since their warranty starts from date of purchase i am trying to get all the extra parts before i order the coilovers. I am looking for dust boots that would fit the progress coilovers [Part #75.1006.3565]. I have searched online and each honda forum and have not been able to find any information on this so if it has been covered i apologize.

Does anyone know where i can get the dust boots? Any help would be apprecaited

http://progressauto.com/products/sfI.../productID/492
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dust Boots

they don't come with boots so don't use them. if you get after market that dont fit then they won't work and could potentially hold dirt and sand in making things worse. i have CS1's and never used dust boots.just clean them every once and awhile thats all.
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

Yeah i know they dont come with them. I am still going to get them. Its just that i had a terrible experience with my Ksport Kontrol Pros so i am trying to prevent any future issues.
Old 02-14-2015
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dont ksports come with dust boots ???
Old 02-17-2015
Registered!!

Mine didnt come with them. I bought mine 7 years ago though. They might come with them now.
Old 02-17-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Just eyeballing them, a generic cover from Rallys or autozone will work. It's just like an umbrella open at the bottom. Would keep stones from flying off wheels from nicking shock rod. That is what I did on my 07 Civic. The old were falling off and I really did not want to pull it all apart. I split them, used 4 or 5 zip ties. First one zipped tight to top bumper stop. Others just snug shrunk it and overlapped fan folds locking it back round. Its open at bottom but sits on top and works perfectly fine. Even if you peer up under there, it hard to tell it's not correct and for $20 and 20 minutes..hard to beat it compared to pulling all that apart. In your case, you would not need to split it.
Old 02-22-2015
Registered!!

i have never heard of any problems stemming from progress not having boots ever. but like i said before if you go after market and they don't fit properly and somehow allow sand or debris to build up inside they could then cause problems but its up to you. remember progress actually have R&D unlike those ksports you got if they needed boots they would most certainly come with boots.

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-22-2015 at 12:09 PM.